Swapping rearend completely out

5liter87

Jan 30, 2007
Im swapping motors with a friend of mine, and i have the choice of either buying the extra parts i have not bought yet (throttle body, injectors, mass air, and getting it tuned at a shop) or grabbing a completely built rearend that will directly bolt into my car for 800 dollars that withstands 800hp. I only have enough $$ to do 1 of the two options..swap the rearend or get the car running. Any opinions? This motor is about 350rwhp, same for torque and i have a stock T-5 (rebuilt 1500 miles ago). How long do you think that rearend will last? IT wont see the track to spring of next year at the earliest, how long u think it will last not hooking up at all. I would think i will have enough money to buy the motor stuff by the end of September or so, so if i installed the rearend first, it would not be until then that i got it actually running anyway. The rearend is for sale on the forums, and the seller definetly wont hang onto it for me for a while, i do not know him.

• Sponsors (?)

word dude...thanks for the advice. I mean my rearend is fine (knock on wood!) right now..so im guessing when it blows it will be taken care of them. Im not doing anything EXTREME...450rwhp max with a 75shot of NX Express is a possibility.