SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! New hood!

• Sponsors (?)

do me a favor, if you can open your hood now, put some clay or well something to judge hieght with the stock hood now, then when you get your car back do the same thing, it looks like right in between those head extractors you might gain some room.
I have a victor Jr upper so mine would probably tuck right up in there

do me a favor, if you can open your hood now, put some clay or well something to judge hieght with the stock hood now, then when you get your car back do the same thing, it looks like right in between those head extractors you might gain some room.
I have a victor Jr upper so mine would probably tuck right up in there

okay...give me a few. I don't have any clay. Will use wheel bearing grease.

i love the extractors, thats what i'll be getting eventually, but why does it look like a ram air/ mach type hood in the pic from the front??? just a weird angle or what?

edit: and i'm sure i've heard the hood increase clearance as far as upper intake is concerned, but wouldn't hurt to see some proof!

okay...give me a few. I don't have any clay. Will use wheel bearing grease.

im not 17 I dont need an answer today, I realize it will be a couple weeks before you get her back..

I wonder if the heat extraction really works? I know on my cowl there is vents and it fogs the window up pretty bad when its cold

Per Cervini's website, no change. But from looking at the underside, I don't see how it wouldn't offer more clearance. Hopefully hamonkeiser will see this and answer.

Yeah, there's atleast an extra 1-1.5 inches clearance. I have a Typhoon intake & the OEM hood was hitting the lower left corner of the intake. Plenty of room with the heat extractor hood, everything fits nicely.

im not 17 I dont need an answer today, I realize it will be a couple weeks before you get her back..

I wonder if the heat extraction really works? I know on my cowl there is vents and it fogs the window up pretty bad when its cold

Yeah, there's atleast an extra 1-1.5 inches clearance. I have a Typhoon intake & the OEM hood was hitting the lower left corner of the intake. Plenty of room with the heat extractor hood, everything fits nicely.

Sweet. I was hoping to put a spacer on the Edelbrock so I can use proper valve covers (roller rockers). I had to grind the baffle on the stockers. Now have PCV oil issues.

S&B,

I will pick up some clay tomorrow. I know alot of people could be interested in this outcome. I will clay the right front corner of my Edelbrock and on top of the TPS sensor. Let me know it you want any additional areas measured.