Switching to Motorcraft Brake Pads

• Sponsors (?)

the motorcraft pads are actually really good.

with brake pads you will have to make sacrifices. if you want a pad that stops better than anything you have ever felt before, got Carbotech XP10s. just dont complain when you hear loud noises and then they dont work cold and your wheels get dirty after a few stops. higher performance pads give up quietness in favor of higher friction.

I bought the HPS pads when I changed my fronts (Bullit caliper, Brembo 13" drilled, SS lines). No matter what I did or my friends brake shop did, they would not stop squealing. Fuggin car sounded like it was going to fall apart.

I took them out, tossed them into the rubbish can, replaced them with the Motorcraft pads that came loaded in the Bullitt caliper and have never looked back. I would say there isn't much stopping difference between the two, or you'll almost never reach that limit where you would notice it.

My advice...toss them out and install the MC ones.

Carbotech Bobcats will do the trick, with enormous braking torque, NO squeaks and performance miles ahead from the stock motorcraft pads..

Cheers
Dan

Just to clear things up, when buying pads from Ford there are Motorcraft pads and there are Ford pads. The Ford pads are very good but I wouldn't buy the Motorcraft.

I installed the Hawk HP Plus pads on the rear this past summer. They squeak at low speeds when hot but not to bad. I'm using regular rotors though.

From the sounds of it I must be the lucky one. I needed rear brakes so I installed Hawk HB183F660 on the rear of my 2000 GT about 5100 miles ago. Then about 1500 miles ago I install hawk HB274F610 on the front. I only drive about 5500-6000 miles a year but have had no sound from the brake pads. Did you follow the Hawk seating procedure?

Just to clear things up, when buying pads from Ford there are Motorcraft pads and there are Ford pads. The Ford pads are very good but I wouldn't buy the Motorcraft.

+1

Motorcraft pads are cheaper to compete with parts store pads. They are not as good as OEM pads. Motorcraft is a separate entity from Ford and is usually cheaper.

FORD OEM brake pads > Motorcraft pads > parts store pads.

I have some hawk pads on the rear of my GT and OEM Ford with my 13" front kit. The hawks dust and squeal. I've regreased them a few times and it comes back. Come spring they are going in the trash for some OEM Ford pads.