T-bird to mustang computer question Please help!

I'm taking a 5.0 out of an 88 t bird and putting it in an 88 mustang. I plan on just swapping it straight over to the mustang for now, keeping the non HO setup. The T-bird is an automatic car and the mustang has a 5 speed. Is the computer from the tbird gonna work with the 5-speed in the mustang. I'm kinda lost with the whole computer and wiring. I just wanna make sure the t-bird computer will work properly with the 5 speed. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Granted that its an AOD you only need the safety switch wiring, that won't be in your 4 cyl if it has a 5 speed. AOD is hydraulic controlled so no computer is necessary.

It should work if you use the T-birds injectors and firing order along with the EEC. The non-HO's run 14# injectors. You will loose about 35-45 HP swapping using all the non-HO stuff.. One thing you might have to change is the injector harness also.. The non-ho birds are batch fire and the mustang is SEFI. I did this swap but put all the HO stuff on my brothers 88 birds years ago.

Why not just swap the cam to keep it HO. And you won't have to swap EEC's. Then it will become an HO, be like an 86 HO motor..