T-TOP coupe

Ok I posted on tech when I should have posted on talk. Anyways I have a 1981 Mustang Ghia coupe. The best part is that it has factory t-top's. Does anyone know if this is a rare find and if there is are any knowledge or opinoinson this car?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, it's rare. They didn't make very many coupes with T tops, whether they're factory or aftermarket either one would be pretty rare. They're out there and i wouldn't go so far as to say they're special or worth a lot of money, but they are rare.

Is it rare, well ya but its alot less rare than you think. Not quite rare like a 88 t-top coupe but from 79-82 there were quite a few t-top coupes floating around and many more went to mexico. There was a t-top registry up for a while and it was interesting to see how many t-top coupes there were. If i remember the numbers of the site were in the 200's from 79 -82 of people registered and from 83 on they dropped big time down to the 10's. It would have been nice if someone in ford would have kept track of orders for t-top vehicles. My 86 coupe was 1 of 13 car built with its options and im guessing but id say its 1 of 1 with t-tops ( jalepeno red, red int, 4cyl, 4spd t-top). I've only seen one other 86 t-top coupe and it was a all black and v8 ( muscle mustangs bought it up)

View attachment 324361
View attachment 324362
View attachment 324363
View attachment 324364
View attachment 324365
View attachment 324366
View attachment 324367
View attachment 324368

I have an 81 but it will look like an 87-93, there is no way to find out how many there are and the value is not anything great. A real Fox mustang guy will drewl at the car but no one will give any sort of "93 cobra" money for the car. Its a nice ride to have though, nothing like t tops

I have an 81 but it will look like an 87-93, there is no way to find out how many there are and the value is not anything great. A real Fox mustang guy will drewl at the car but no one will give any sort of "93 cobra" money for the car. Its a nice ride to have though, nothing like t tops

Back from the dead , YOU not the post. I havent seen you post in a while, :shrug:
Your the HOFF guy:D

Thank's for the info, sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm a busy man father of two, you know sports and all the school stuff. Anyways I plan on converting it to 87-93 interior and exterior. I am going to put the 331 out of my 90 hatch and put the 427 in the hatchback car, one for street and one for strip. I plan on doing a complete resto starting with nothing and I mean nothing but a shell.

Thank's for the info, sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm a busy man father of two, you know sports and all the school stuff. Anyways I plan on converting it to 87-93 interior and exterior. I am going to put the 331 out of my 90 hatch and put the 427 in the hatchback car, one for street and one for strip. I plan on doing a complete resto starting with nothing and I mean nothing but a shell.

if your gonna go through all that work, keep the 4 eye ext/int.
it will look much better and be more valued to a mustang person. I would change it to 86 style front end, with matching 86 interior

S&B i demaned pictures of you car. kthnxbye :D

:flag:

I moved from Chicago to MN and my TTop is being worked on and painted in chicago, I really do not even have one picture of the car since it was in this condition.
5061088127664.jpg

I will say that an 88 T top hatch and a 86 SVO dont exist anymore due to my project. Both cars were junk anyway. I used the Rear end from the SVO, and the 93 black interior it had for my coupe. The 88 is being used right now for all the wiring and the drivetrain. Next time I am back in the old town I will get some pictures.

I will say that I have about 5 or 6k in to the car and nothing to show for it, so its a normal mustang project..

I still lurk form time to time but Im usally too busy to interweb. thanks for the caring :love:

I just picked up an 84ttop coupe after looking for two years. Someone told me that it is one of thirty, but I don't know for sure, I do know that it is a true factory ttop by the door code though.
t-Notch0051.jpg

t-Notch0061.jpg

t-Notch0101.jpg

It's funny....i don't wanna sound like i started the Pacecar/'82 GT nose on a coupe thing, but honestly i never once saw one until i did mine. Until about a year ago i only had 2 other pictures of them and now i've got about 6. I'm kinda glad mine isn't a T top though...they're cool but they're not for me. I would love to get my hands on that hood though.

It's funny....i don't wanna sound like i started the Pacecar/'82 GT nose on a coupe thing, but honestly i never once saw one until i did mine. Until about a year ago i only had 2 other pictures of them and now i've got about 6. I'm kinda glad mine isn't a T top though...they're cool but they're not for me. I would love to get my hands on that hood though.

I got that pic from somewhere a long time ago. Couldn't say weather it was before or after you did yours but i know i get a little pool of drool out the corner of my mouth each time i see either one. Id be all for it on my 86 but then id just be copying yours and that aint my thing on this car.