T-TRIM too big?

I don't think that there quality is lacking, There is three sides to a story and we aren't ever going to know the right one.

I think that the customer is not happy because he did not get to pay the whole bill either?

Is this the case? Who know, there is three sides to that story as well!

• Sponsors (?)

It still makes me kind of wonder why they would install a T-trim and only run 10psi though? he would have done just as well with an S-trim and it would have cost him less and had better low speed driveability to boot. Unless he planned on running it much harder in the near future :shrug:

98stangv8 said:
I don't like to make accusations on specifics in public forums...pm me..and I will gladly chat...

i already know the story. sorry, but i'm gonna believe the countless people who have nothing but good things to say about MPH over the 1 person who has something negative to say.

ok, this isn't what I wanted this to become at all...a public flame...but I guess it has started...I emailed Tim a week before I came to pick my car up, and asked for a revised bill....never got a response...as I never got responses on a lot of my questions while it was getting worked on. Rhonda called me about the bill, and I told her to tell Tim to call me, still waiting on that call. They are too busy to step back and take a second to give any sort of attention whatsoever to the customer. I am not even going to go into about how my car is leaking oil, the parts that were not reassembled, the screws and bolts that were missing or were not completely reinstalled, or the cut wires, or how they said 3 weeks to do my car, and it took 5...because they didn't start on it until week 4..and tried to get it all done in one week...but I won't get into that....that is something all in itself....

It's my car he's talking about. There is nothing wrong with the tune and the car runs good. MPH is top notch. 2.0 was all I could muster in the 60' but a few weeks earlier at a much better track I could cut 1.8's all day with 22 psi on BFG 315 dr's. I believe the track may have been too cold and would not hook up. Also, Kinston Drag Strip is known for not doing the best prep work. Trap speed was 112ish. I know the car is a mid 12 sec car, just gotta get it there. Weather conditions have just not been ideal.

jaidedeye said:
procharger took a stock 2000 gt with exhaust and drag radials and ran an 11.90 with the P1SC at 9lbs of boost

Is it just me or has Procharger lost their ****ty reputation of having seals go out in the PISC's and filling intakes with oil??

Just curious, I went through that and so have many others - do yourself a favor and buy a D1SC if you have to have a Procharger.

-u just can't believe what advertisements and magazines say all of the time :nonono:

98stangv8 said:
ok, this isn't what I wanted this to become at all...a public flame...but I guess it has started...I emailed Tim a week before I came to pick my car up, and asked for a revised bill....never got a response...as I never got responses on a lot of my questions while it was getting worked on. Rhonda called me about the bill, and I told her to tell Tim to call me, still waiting on that call. They are too busy to step back and take a second to give any sort of attention whatsoever to the customer. I am not even going to go into about how my car is leaking oil, the parts that were not reassembled, the screws and bolts that were missing or were not completely reinstalled, or the cut wires, or how they said 3 weeks to do my car, and it took 5...because they didn't start on it until week 4..and tried to get it all done in one week...but I won't get into that....that is something all in itself....

you allready got :owned: might as well quit while you're behind. The owner of the car has spoken, MPH has spoke, their customers have spoken... You go one nocth below Eddiehaskel on my list :notnice:

jaidedeye said:
procharger took a stock 2000 gt with exhaust and drag radials and ran an 11.90 with the P1SC at 9lbs of boost

This is about a driver who knows how to get the best out of his setup. Not saying anything negative about a Procharger, but I don't care what trim you have T-Trim, S-Trim, Novi, KB, whatever, they will all make with 10% of one another in HP, so the blower gives you the power to get there, but if you cannot drive worth a crap, whichever blower you have will still produce crappy number. Just look at the original poster, 13.0. Heck I was able to get a 12.56 in a heavy butted vert with an S-trim and 356rwhp.

Gearbanger 101 said:
It still makes me kind of wonder why they would install a T-trim and only run 10psi though? he would have done just as well with an S-trim and it would have cost him less and had better low speed driveability to boot. Unless he planned on running it much harder in the near future :shrug:

LOL! Sometimes you do what the customer asks you to do. Happens all the time.

How many Novi 2000's out there running that small a boost level, when the thing is built for 800rwhp cars. I agree, an S-trim would have been more than suffecient. You can advise till your blue in the face, but if this is what the customer wants, that is what you are going to give 'em.

crap i was going to get the novi 2000, and only run 10 psi. i just want it because i understand it is a better built blower, the internal pieces and all. :shrug: now i dont know what i want to do. i just hear alot of stories about the novi 2000 pulling so hard up top, and not so many stories about the vortecs. what should i do?

ADRENLN said:
crap i was going to get the novi 2000, and only run 10 psi. i just want it because i understand it is a better built blower, the internal pieces and all. :shrug: now i dont know what i want to do. i just hear alot of stories about the novi 2000 pulling so hard up top, and not so many stories about the vortecs. what should i do?
Size your blower to your application and projected power levels. Both the Novi 1000 or the S-trim will support over 400rwhp and retain better low speed drivability than their bigger brothers in the process. Bigger isn't always better. Yeah, if you really wanna move some air in the future, you're better off going for the gusto right up front, but not everyone is out to run down John Force.

Gearbanger 101 said:
I was waiting for Chris to chime in an answer this, since it is his car, but he missed this question, so, allow me.
#1: THEY didn't install it, he did.
#2: He has plans of a built motor very soon.
#3: The upgrade price of a T-Trim was only $250 at the time of purchase as opposed to like $850 down the road, so I think it was a good idea. Even if he didn't go the "Built Block" route.
I drove this car and low speed driveabilty is not a problem.

Hey Chris, do you want me to get a 12.5 out of it for you?
J/K :rlaugh:

mcmmotorsports said:
I was waiting for Chris to chime in an answer this, since it is his car, but he missed this question, so, allow me.
#1: THEY didn't install it, he did.
#2: He has plans of a built motor very soon.
#3: The upgrade price of a T-Trim was only $250 at the time of purchase as opposed to like $850 down the road, so I think it was a good idea. Even if he didn't go the "Built Block" route.
I drove this car and low speed driveabilty is not a problem.

Hey Chris, do you want me to get a 12.5 out of it for you?
J/K :rlaugh:

I might...Apparently I'm a ****ty driver...lol

98stangv8 said:

You wanted me to call you because you want a "discount" on the clutch.Wont happen Eric.Everyone pays the same price.Rhonda hasn't sent back the timing adjuster because you haven't payed for the $690 clutch/flywheel.

You haven't called Rhonda and told her about any quality issuses.If there are quality issues I'll come get the car and fix them.We stand behind our work.You have a 1 year warranty and I will make it right .If there are loose wires under the car that had to already be there.You told us to not touch any wiring on the car .We didnt remove your tranny or anything under the car.The motor came out the top .Either way,if somethings wrong we'll fix it.
Like I said,any problems,call,we'll come get the car.
You also told us you needed the car by the 16th .We delivered that sunday which is 4 days late.I appologize we were 4 days late.I also appologize if there are issues.I will fix it and make you happy.Just get in touch with Rhonda and setup for me to come get it.
I stand behind everything we build,and its not done until the customer tells me its done.

Tim

ChrisGT said:
It's my car he's talking about. There is nothing wrong with the tune and the car runs good. MPH is top notch. 2.0 was all I could muster in the 60' but a few weeks earlier at a much better track I could cut 1.8's all day with 22 psi on BFG 315 dr's. I believe the track may have been too cold and would not hook up. Also, Kinston Drag Strip is known for not doing the best prep work. Trap speed was 112ish. I know the car is a mid 12 sec car, just gotta get it there. Weather conditions have just not been ideal.

Dude, its not the tune or anything else but your gearing. im putting down 12.9's with my 3.27's and thats maxing out what these gears can do.. and i can put a beat down on cars that are mid 12's on the highway where those gears like to play, but on the drag strip they're too drawn out to do you any good... especially with that blower.. So to the people accusing the tune (no tim hasnt tuned mine, im on the old steeda tune) it isnt that, its his car's setup. Just to verify I had a drag racer that regularly beats everyones times in there own cars drive mine about 10 times down the strip (its my toy car so I didnt care if it broke).. He beat my time by .002.. its the setup. And having a timing adjuster on it wont affect anything either. I have my timing retarded with one because I didnt want to pay for a retune and needed to back the timing off. It was putting down 13.1's before, 12.9's now. His track times are normal for his setup... if you think it's slow, race him past the 1/4 and see how bad he reels ya in and passes ya.. till 135 where he runs out of gear again.

I watched chris drive his car that night too and the temp was pretty damn cold. The track that we were at does have terrible preperation before test and tune and is known to up your time by around .3 because of traction problems and thats about what anyone who has ever raced out there will tell you. Granted that chrises car probably could use an intercooler or a small shot of nitrous to cool the air charge his tune is good. Chris was on the edge of 13.0s,12.90s. If you add into the consideration of the traction issues that this track has then 12.70s would be pretty close. Chris can drive the car and I serously doubt that Tim from MPH screwed up the tune. I dont know Tim personally but I hear nothing but awesome work coming from his shop, and reading what he posted to the dude that was complaining about him definately shows that he backs up his work. I have raced Chris`s car and it pulls really hard up top. With a good 60 ft and on a good day Chris Im sure you will bring that car to mid 12`s. :nice:

what do u guys mean when u say low speed drivability? what happens to the car at low speeds wiht the bigger blowers?

i read an artical about novi 2000 and 1000 on stock gt and cobras. in the artical they seemed to like the novi 2000 on the stock gt the best. on the cobra they said the 1000 provided more of a punch? it went somthing like that. i just remember being suprised. my car will not be stock but i only figured that would be better. however i only wanted 420 to the wheels at about 10psi, if possable but dont want drivability issues.