• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

T5 parts help

  • Thread starter Thread starter tweet66
  • Start date Start date Apr 27, 2007
T

tweet66

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
589
0
17
Pennsauken, NJ
Apr 27, 2007
#1
  • Apr 27, 2007
  • #1
Okay I swapped a T5 into my 66 and haven't been able to get the speedometer to work, not a gearing issues, it jus tdoens't work. I pulled the trans out and apart to find the internal gear is completely chewed up Any ideas on where I can find another one? I've looked a t Summit and Jeg's but htey only list them for the AOD not for a manual
 
R

Rapid

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
297
1
0
Columbia, SC
Apr 27, 2007
#2
  • Apr 27, 2007
  • #2
Local Ford dealership might suprise you. They were my least expensive spedo gear resourse and no shipping charge.
 
F

ForceFed70

That's why they call it "dope"
Founding Member
Dec 6, 1999
4,818
1
69
BC Canada
Apr 27, 2007
#3
  • Apr 27, 2007
  • #3
There are a million places to buy T5 speedo gears.

I got mine from CJ Pony Parts. The dealership should also have them.
 
T

tweet66

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
589
0
17
Pennsauken, NJ
Apr 28, 2007
#4
  • Apr 28, 2007
  • #4
Thanks guys. I ended up finding the gear at a late model restoration place. It's cheaper than my local dealer too
 
6

66Runt

Member
Jun 11, 2005
680
2
18
Apr 28, 2007
#5
  • Apr 28, 2007
  • #5
Make sure you find and repair the cause of destroyed gear

.
 
T

tweet66

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
589
0
17
Pennsauken, NJ
Apr 28, 2007
#6
  • Apr 28, 2007
  • #6
66Runt, thanks for the heads up. I ordered the parts from here: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products.aspx?category=MSPEEDCOR
and i ordered both the drive and driven gears to correct for the gear swap in the diff. Hopefully they get here soon 'cause I'm itching to take a drive.....
 
T

tweet66

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
589
0
17
Pennsauken, NJ
Apr 28, 2007
#7
  • Apr 28, 2007
  • #7
One other question. Does any one know how much of the C4 yoke needs to be cut off. I have 4 C4 yokes and none for a T5, so I figured I'd cut one down, but didn't want to cut too much. TIA.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
225
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
436
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
433
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Saturday at 12:05 PM
fasterthangas
F
F
Please help 00 mustang 3.8 v6 T5 manual transmission Tail housing cracking
  • FF-DC00
  • Jan 2, 2025
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
245
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jan 2, 2025
General karthief
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?