taking MAF off , cleaning it

• Sponsors (?)

Well if its a female bit. Then it will be a socket with a few more ridges in it than normal. But seeing how he said bit. I think its gonna be a male. So its gonna look like the head of a phillips screwdriver with a few more ridges. Does this make sense or did i make it even more confusing?

Even easier. Go to parts store and ask for one!

the part of the MAF you need to mess with is the little "black box" as shown here ---> http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1712/PROM1.JPG it will look similar to that no matter what type of MAF your running. If its still all stock(the intake arm) then the MAF is in the housing directly behind the filter housing...get that open and the sensor is just sitting in there...you will need a "tamper proof" torx bit i BELIEVE #20 to get it open. When you get the screws out, carefully pull it out and rub the little metal "wires" with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol carefully, you dont want to bend them.

WHat I gather from your post is your not looking at the right part, no big deal, everyone makes mistakes at first, as far as what your looking at, i honestly dont remember, but i believe its threaded in....

Anthony

It is in the air box.

1. Open hood
2. Unplug MAF and Air intake sensor
3. Loosen up hose clamp on throttle body and take off the air intake
4. Take the air filter cover off
5. Split air box with a flat head screwdriver
6. Unplug connector from the MAF modual
7. Use a t-20 torx bit to take the bolts out that hold the modual to the meter
8. Clean the two wires with a q tip and rubbing alcohol
9. Put everything back together, hook wires back up, and tighten the hose clamp
10. Close the hood