Tasca Performance Ford Fest Aug 14,15

Street ET

Founding Member
Apr 10, 2002
Coventry RI
Does anyone have any info on the race classes ?

I always looked forward to FFW with 2 seperate bracket races Sat & Sun and three race classes. Last year there was only 1 race Sun & now that it is combined with Tasca I'm afraid they may mirror Tasca day ( which I have not attended in several years ) and limit bracket classes to Box/No Box :notnice:

If that is the case I may be interested in Open Comp or just sit this one out for the first time in 15 years :(

• Sponsors (?)

I cant remember what the class's were from last year. I did attend and had a lot of fun and will be there again this year. I just wish they had kept it in oct and not moved to to Aug b/c the temps were much better for the oct event. I ran my best time to date last year at tasca day in oct

What I'm hoping is that the classes are set like like FFW with Street Ford, Quick Ford & Fast Ford. These have traditionally been the largest classes at FFW. Tasca day limits bracket classes to Box/No Box which IMO are not nearly as popular.

So with the annual Aug event (formerly FFW ) and Tasca combined I'm wondering what the classes will be.

Id try calling NED and ask them what the class's are going to be. They should put something on their site but they always have those flyers at the track w/ the class's but I want to know what to run before hand not decide when I get there.

Nice find. Id like to run the stock class but Im over the 315 cubic inch limit and I'll have a Victor intake on by then. I did the street shoot out one year when it was the FFW weekend/UPR but I want to run the slicks so thats out so looks like I'll run the Street shoot out w/ the .400 pro tree and heads up class. Thats what I ran last year. I guess they wanted to keep an event for that weekend in aug it just sucks b/c I liked Tasca day so much better in mid october. Oh well I'll be there both days regardless, Im on vacation then anyway.

yes it should, I was happy to see that weather report. I put 172 miles on the clutch today and should get another 130 tomorrow. I should be all set to drop the hammer on it on saturday.