TCP Rack, Randalls, Flaming River?

Bravefart

Apr 5, 2005
Scotland
Hello all,
This is my first post so be gentle:)
I'll make this as short and sweet as possible...
I have a 67 fastback with 289 (with headers) and TKO. Have decided to bite the bullit and go for an all singing and dancing (Power) Rack and Pinion. I was interested in the Randalls Rack but his unit won't fit unless I convert to hydraulic clutch. The thing is, I'm happy with the current cable set-up. So now I'm thinking TCP....maybe? :shrug:
Any of you guys or gals out there using a Total Control Rack (power) for your Muzz with smallblock and TKO or similar? Easy to fit? Worth the extra dosh? Good points? Bad points? Does the Power steering kit come with pump or is that extra? Anyone else you can recommend?

Cheers

• Sponsors (?)

LMan said:
Welcome.

If the search feature is operational, you will find a host of info on this/these topics and vendors.

BTW, whats a 'Muzz?'

Thanks. The first thing I attempted was a search but I keep getting the same message "no results found." I must be doing something wrong....
What's Muzz? I'll give you two guesses :p

Cheers

I have the TCP power R&P. It won't interfere with any headers, and it's easy to install. The pump is not included, you have to order that seperatly.

I do however have a FMX, not a TKO, but I can't see any problems with interference there either.

Pros are the high quality of the product, and it's preformance. TCP also delivered the product very fast, and as you, I'm in Europe (Norway).

Cons are of course the price, you're looking at $2800ish with the pump included. But IMHO, it's worth it. The Rack is that good.

Bravefart said:
...I was interested in the Randalls Rack but his unit won't fit unless I convert to hydraulic clutch. The thing is, I'm happy with the current cable set-up.

Yikes! - Really? I didn't know that.. How does it interfere? I still think Randalls is the best overall solution from the searching and listening I've done.

-Stephen

My only advice would be to stay far far away from flaming river. I just got my car back (sold it and bought it back 11mos later) and my buddy who had the car went through 4 racks from FR before he got one that actually functioned right and even now I am not happy with the feel of it.

Its going into a shop that specializes in muscel car suspension and steering on Thursday because I don't like it and I want to make sure that it is 100% right before I run down the 1/4 at 125....

I have heard nothing but good things on here about TCP and Randalls...

Muzz? Muscle car? Muzzle?

180 out, you hit the nail on the head with "Muzz" and the 1st prize of a case full of the best Scottish "aged in oak casks" whisky would be winging its way over to you across the great pond right now if it wasn't for the fact that I'd err... drunk most of it :lol: