Team Continental Driver Training 2-17-07

duner

Mr. Warmth
Jul 21, 2003
Oregon
This is a great way to start 2007. Since PIR will be closing around Labor Day, we need to get our track fix early and often.

For those of you interested in participating in HPDE open track days TC offers a great way to get started. TC provides an instructor to help you learn how to be safe and fast.

I’ll be there. Who else is interested?

Keith

http://www.teamcontinental.com/

• Sponsors (?)

I plan to do as many HPDE's as possible this year. I've never done any racing on a track, and don't want to go out there assuming I know everything. I think you have to have a certificate of some sort of driving school anyway???

I had planned on attending the CSCC driving school on the 15th/16th of Feb, at least that's when I thought it was being held. Looking at the PIR schedule right now I don't see it... :shrug: Anyway, what do you guys recommend? I dont want to shell out the fee for CSCC and then attend the Continental School as well for the $165 or so. If you guys are attending that one, I may as well just go to it instead. What do you think?

I'll have to read through all the details, but I assume it's roughly the same thing as the CSCC stuff? 4hrs classroom the night before, then 4x20min session through the track with an instructor?

I plan to do as many HPDE's as possible this year. I've never done any racing on a track, and don't want to go out there assuming I know everything. I think you have to have a certificate of some sort of driving school anyway???

You don't need a certificate to attend HPDE events. Remember that open track/HPDE events are never a race. My very first open track experience was a TC track day. I’m glad I took this approach. They really do a good job covering the safety aspects of track events. I highly recommend that your first track day be with an instructor at a training event.

TC provides driver training not an HPDE event. HPDE events you are alone in the car driving on the track.

I had planned on attending the CSCC driving school on the 15th/16th of Feb, at least that's when I thought it was being held. Looking at the PIR schedule right now I don't see it... :shrug: Anyway, what do you guys recommend? I dont want to shell out the fee for CSCC and then attend the Continental School as well for the $165 or so. If you guys are attending that one, I may as well just go to it instead. What do you think?

CSCC is a great club. I went to one of their track days. CSCC will do driver training with two or three groups and have one group of intermediate/advanced drivers that have an HPDE without an instructor in the car the whole event. CSCC has put together the best HPDE event I've attended.

I'll have to read through all the details, but I assume it's roughly the same thing as the CSCC stuff? 4hrs classroom the night before, then 4x20min session through the track with an instructor?
TC's ground school is shorter than CSCC but the on track stuff is very similar. Four 20 minute sessions is typical.

Go with us on the 17th. TC puts on a good day of training. It WILL kick ass. :nice:

i think the cscc is in march not feb. yeah come joine us with TC. if you want to know when cscc's TD/hpde day are just look at the PIR schedual and it is the day before ever ICSCC race here in portland

Fair enough, count me in for the Team Continental school. I'll most likely be sending out the regristration form/payment by next weekend.

Looking forward to getting out there with you guys! :nice:

...only thing now is to see how well these cheap-ass tires the dealer tossed on my car right before they sold it to me hold out. The things are Mastercraft Avengers! The last time I took an onramp at a decent speed I could feel the tires rolling over on the sidewalls. Should be interesting to see how well they do on the track. I can see myself replacing them after the 17th. :bang:

you might not want to wait that long to send in the form since today is the 5th so the class room sesion is only 11 days away and sometimes the classes are already full. but this is the first one of the year so people dont take it very often, but this is a short year. and on the side wall rolling over did you check your air pressure. most on ramps in mu mustang which has 225 60 15 i dont feel the walls fold over unless there low on pressure. look at my rear tire in the sig that all they roll over and if you look at the front inside tire its close to not being on the ground at all.

What kind of tires are they?

The tire pressure are perfect in the Vette, I check them manually every 2 weeks and check them via the digital readout pretty much every other time I'm in the car. I just figured that was the issue, being that they were ultra-cheap tires with I assume no sidewall strength.

I'm no expert by any means, so I could definitely be wrong on the feeling that I'm getting. Hopefully, the time I have on-track with an instructor at the driving school can help me answer any questions I may have about the vehicles behavior on hard cornering.

Your probably right on the entry form, I'll get that out right away.

Sending in the entry form this afternoon. I'm curious what to do about a helmet though., since I don't have one yet. The CSCC events let you rent one for the day for $10, you just had to request the size. I don't see anything like that on the TC website, is the option still available?

Sending in the entry form this afternoon. I'm curious what to do about a helmet though., since I don't have one yet. The CSCC events let you rent one for the day for $10, you just had to request the size. I don't see anything like that on the TC website, is the option still available?

As I remember, you had to bring your own. Trust me, if you like to drive fast, you're gonna get hooked, just go buy one that fits nice.

Great timing....

Because of my traffic ticket here in OR about 4 months ago on Oct 26, the IA dot has deemed it necessary to suspend my drivers license. Just found out this afternoon.

Looks like I'll be fighting to keep my license or get a work permit to try and avoid ruining my career. Looks like I won't make it guys. Sorry.

:bang: :bang:

Great timing....

Because of my traffic ticket here in OR about 4 months ago on Oct 26, the IA dot has deemed it necessary to suspend my drivers license. Just found out this afternoon.

Looks like I'll be fighting to keep my license or get a work permit to try and avoid ruining my career. Looks like I won't make it guys. Sorry.

:bang: :bang:

That blows. Good luck getting it worked out.

There are plenty of other track days. We'll see you at the next one.