• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

tech is dead today

  • Thread starter Thread starter CManT1914
  • Start date Start date Aug 19, 2005
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#1
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #1
Where is everybody? I keep staring at the same damn spark plug thread at the top of the page all day long.
 

95WhiteVenom

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
624
0
16
Alabama
Aug 19, 2005
#2
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #2
dude get on AIM im bored
 

legalize420

Active Member
May 21, 2005
1,541
1
37
South Florida
Aug 19, 2005
#3
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #3
CManT1914 said:
Where is everybody? I keep staring at the same damn spark plug thread at the top of the page all day long.
Click to expand...

why are you just staring at it
 

illwood

Member
Apr 3, 2004
636
1
19
Worcester, MA
Aug 19, 2005
#4
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #4
Yeah, I was looking for an answer on my hood clearance question and didn't get too much help so far either.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#5
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #5
illwood said:
Yeah, I was looking for an answer on my hood clearance question and didn't get too much help so far either.
Click to expand...

lol, I don't know about the Eddy's, but my cobra intake is pretty tall, and I have a 3/8" spacer on there. It clears the hood just fine with some room to spare.
 

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
6,819
64
129
New York
Aug 19, 2005
#6
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #6
Heres some oil tech. I went to walmart (sigh) and picked up 4 quarts of walmart brand supertech oil @ $.97/qt and a walmart supertech filter for $2.07 to change the oil on my saturn. After tax, thats $6.46 for an oil change

Are you still bored after reading my tech?
 

Joes95GT

New Member
Jan 23, 2003
3,132
1
0
Delaware
Aug 19, 2005
#7
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #7
No, you cheap ****.

Joe
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#8
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8
Grn92LX said:
Heres some oil tech. I went to walmart (sigh) and picked up 4 quarts of walmart brand supertech oil @ $.97/qt and a walmart supertech filter for $2.07 to change the oil on my saturn. After tax, thats $6.46 for an oil change

Are you still bored after reading my tech?
Click to expand...

Where's the tech? Maybe if you had asked something about synthetic oil I wouldn't have been bored.
 

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
6,819
64
129
New York
Aug 19, 2005
#9
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #9
Joes95GT said:
No, you cheap ****.

Joe
Click to expand...

I have a 5 quart jug of mobil 1 synthetic and a mobil 1 filter ready for the stang when I get a chance

Where's the tech? Maybe if you had asked something about synthetic oil I wouldn't have been bored.
Click to expand...

Well Technicaly you'd save money by buying that oil
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#10
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #10
Grn92LX said:
Well Technicaly you'd save money by buying that oil
Click to expand...

 

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
1,495
0
36
Austin,TX
Aug 19, 2005
#11
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #11
Well, i'm sorry. I had to work today unlike U.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#12
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #12
bjl95mustang said:
Well, i'm sorry. I had to work today unlike U.
Click to expand...

I had to work today too! We just haven't been busy all day.
 

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
1,495
0
36
Austin,TX
Aug 19, 2005
#13
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #13
And thats my fault. So is your car all finished? You can aim me too if you guys get bored.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#14
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #14
bjl95mustang said:
And thats my fault. So is your car all finished? You can aim me too if you guys get bored.
Click to expand...

Nah, still running real rich, can't figure out why unless the PCM just can't adjust to the 30lb injectors and all the other crap I did to it. I bought that twEECer RT today though, should be coming in middle of next week. I hope that fixes it, otherwise I have no idea what else to look for.
 

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
1,495
0
36
Austin,TX
Aug 19, 2005
#15
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #15
Well, you can still bring your car down tomorrow and play and see if you can get a good base line tune. Then i can make it into a file and e-mail it to you.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#16
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #16
bjl95mustang said:
Well, you can still bring your car down tomorrow and play and see if you can get a good base line tune. Then i can make it into a file and e-mail it to you.
Click to expand...

Hopefully my car will make it down. My front seal on my lower plenum are pushing out, causing it to leak oil onto my block by the base of the dizzy. I'm sure the rear is pushing out too. I don't want those to blow out on I35, lol. But I don't have time to tear the intake off tonight to replace them, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the trip down there with her.
 

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
1,495
0
36
Austin,TX
Aug 19, 2005
#17
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #17
did you use the rubber piece or just all rtv? My machine shop said to use just rtv and not the rubber pieces that come with the gasket sets.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#18
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #18
bjl95mustang said:
did you use the rubber piece or just all rtv? My machine shop said to use just rtv and not the rubber pieces that come with the gasket sets.
Click to expand...

I used the stupid rubber pieces. The mechanic I was talking to the other day said never to use those rubber pieces too. He said a good 1/2" bead of RTV and that's it. Fun! Fun! I get to waste more time redoing my work AGAIN! I'm a little bitter right now
 

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
1,495
0
36
Austin,TX
Aug 19, 2005
#19
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #19
well, now with all your free time today you can replace them.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Aug 19, 2005
#20
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #20
bjl95mustang said:
well, now with all your free time today you can replace them.
Click to expand...

lol, if only I could work on the stang during work hours. Getting paid to mod my car I might just do it tomorrow after I mow the lawn.
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Resolved Dead speedometer... not odometer gears or trans speed sensor 4R70 W
  • cobramoneypit
  • Jul 22, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
86
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 22, 2026
cobramoneypit
C
J
'04 3.8L V6 mineral deposits and oil on #3 cylinder. Does it need a rebuild or something simpler?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
562
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 29, 2026
gkomo
I
98 Mustang GT dying
  • ItsMason
  • May 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
194
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 25, 2026
lenzgt
L
Door glass fastener question
  • limp
  • May 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
304
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 25, 2026
limp
S
Need help asap
  • shaggyman65
  • Dec 24, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
291
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 24, 2025
shaggyman65
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?