temperature gauge

rad4lif

Mar 1, 2019
LA
so my 90 5.0 foxbody temperature gauge is not reading when it’s suppose to in others words if i’m driving for a while already it’s not reading notting at all BUT as soon as i turn of the car it starts going up n reading the temp...so does that still means i need to replace my temperature sending unit sensor or is it something else? y is it reading it only when i turn of the car?

• Sponsors (?)

when comes to electrical trouble shooting i stink i hate electrical stuff n no i don’t have one

You have a very unusual problem and throwing parts at it isn't going to do anything except make you poorer and frustrated.

I can help you troubleshoot the problem or I can help you learn automotive electrical theory and practice.

It is a one or the other and I can't do both through the window that Stangnet has provided.

How bad do you want to fix the problem and drive the car? Bad enough to try and learn something new and maybe difficult?

Reactions: 1 user
take the wire off the sending unit and with the key on touch it to ground for a second. The gauge should spike. If the gauge doesnt move then it is either the gauge or a broken wire, If it does move then most likely the sending unit is bad, which is common. A $10 and 10 minute fix.

Reactions: 1 user