Terrible Squeeking Noise!!!!!!

MadHandle8169

Founding Member
May 5, 2002
Brick, NJ
I have a terrible squeeking noise coming from my front driver's tire when i am driving with the clutch engaged or just normal driving. However, when I hit the brakes the noise goes away. I know the obvious culprit seems to be the brakes but I put new front breaks on pretty recently and I used that anti-squeel stuff. My dad suggested the front bearings but I don't have the money to just keep replacing parts. It doesn't affect my driving or stopping but it is embarrassing and annoying. Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Does it only happen after hard breaking?

My sebring did that.. and only at slower speeds...

Try slowing down from higher speeds using only the trans then see if you hear it... then tap the brakes and see if you hear it or if it changes...

I bet that the brakes are jsut lightly dragging agains the rotor... not an uncommon problem at all.

my '95 GT's front left wheel squeaks too

I have the same exact problem you have. It squeaks all the time EXCEPT when I put the breaks on. It really is friggin annoying and I would like to know how to deal with it. I actually brought my car up to NTB a few months ago and they told me that I had to take of the locking lug nut before they could look at it. (i lost the key to it) After I had the locking nut removed I never got around to bringing it back up there. It must be something about that the front left wheel on the '95's or something.

Just another question: do you happen to have a sort-of like humming/clicking sound that sounds like it might be coming from the glove compartment area? Because my friend has a '96V6 and his makes the same sound.

Sometimes I have a noise by the glove compartment when I turn and it sounds like a piece of cable wiggling or something if you know what I mean. I'm going to take off my wheel tomorrow when I get my jack stands back from a friend and spray some break cleaner and see if I can notice anything else. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Ok I just brought my car up to NTB and they showed me what the problem is. There is just a small piece of the break pad that is a little warped that rubs the brake disc. When you look at the brake disc, you can see a shiny part where the break pad is rubbing. The guy told me that the only thing I can do is get new brakepads.