• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

TFS Valve Spring height issue...

  • Thread starter Thread starter TomCat
  • Start date Start date Mar 19, 2007

TomCat

New Member
Apr 19, 2005
412
0
0
Utah
Mar 19, 2007
#1
  • Mar 19, 2007
  • #1
Ok, so I'm in the process of building up some GT40Ps to install on the car and right now I'm dealing with shimming the valve springs to get them at the recommended installed height. All the intake valves are pretty damn close (some need maybe .015"), but all the exhaust valves springs sit right at around 1.7" installed. TFS lists the installed height as 1.8"... I don't really understand how it can be lower, lol. I suppose the only way to lengthen it would be to have the head machined... any input? Would I be alright running the springs at 1.7"? I know stock they rest much shorter on the heads because there's a rotator on every exhaust valve. Coil bind won't be an issue, I've already done the math. I'm thinking about throwing them on there at 1.7" cause I have no idea what else to do.

Thanks in advance, and any advice is welcome.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it figured out!!!

=)
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Fox Valve Spring Kit PAC-1219X. Help finding needed additional parts.
  • 93gtmustang
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
367
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 31, 2026
93gtmustang
Forced Induction Bypass valve backwards?
  • Dontknowchit
  • Jun 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
392
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 29, 2025
JD1964
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
440
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Tightening upper control arm bushings at ride height dilemma… need some help
  • AnthonyA1234
  • Dec 27, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
51
Views
6K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 27, 2025
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?