THE 331 WENT ON THE DYNO TODAY!!! *VIDZ**

• Sponsors (?)

Ok my A/F ratio was 13.0 and my total timing was 34* Im just waiting on the firewire cable to come in the mail, He also pointed out that our cars pull timing during hot weather and thats why it feels like it pulls SO much harder on a cool night and not 100+ humid weather that we've been having. He said that after a few thousand more miles and cool weather the numbers will go up, let's hear your thoughts on this.

Well... your car uses the timing that your tuner says it will. If he doesn't want it to pull timing in the heat then it won't. In that same vain, I'd use at least 36 degrees total and have that all in by 2500 RPMs. Possibly 38 degrees total. I ran my stock E7s at 34 degrees total on 91 octane. I stole most of my theories from Grady.:hail2:

I'd still like to see it at the track. Peak horsepower doesn't mean jack squat; average horse power is what moves a car.

I'd step up to 30 pound injectors and tune with the stock fuel pressure. There is no way I'd ever have 24 pound injectors supporting 400 rwhp. Thats crazy talk.

Adam

While 30's are not a bad idea, I see no reason to switch them with the power he is making, even if it goes up some. I don't know what I'm making power wise yet, but I know its a lot more than before and I'm still using 24lb injectors, although I have my base FP set to 45lbs and my duty cycle maxes out at around 82%. In my case though I will only be running the 24lb injectors until I get my '90GT running and then I'll put them on that car and step up to something bigger for this one.

I hope to have dyno numbers soon as i want to spend a little time tuning with different timing settings, and it'll take me way longer to do it at the track than on a load holding dyno. Once I get close on the dyno, then I'll continue tweaking it at the track. I'm just too rusty to use the track as a tuning devise right now as I would never be able to get repeatable results just yet.

Ok my A/F ratio was 13.0 and my total timing was 34* Im just waiting on the firewire cable to come in the mail, He also pointed out that our cars pull timing during hot weather and thats why it feels like it pulls SO much harder on a cool night and not 100+ humid weather that we've been having. He said that after a few thousand more miles and cool weather the numbers will go up, let's hear your thoughts on this.

Like Adam said ... he is doing the tuning
so
it is kind of pointless for any of us to say
he should or would do this or that in the tune :shrug:

Yes ... the pcm can pull spark for high ect
but
You can make more hp at cool temps if nothing is done to the tune
simply because ...
You have denser conditions that fills the hole more efficiently :nice:

Paul points out a very important thing about inj size IMHO

Fuel pressure can make a very big difference in how an inj behaves.
It goes without saying ... more pressure makes it feed more fuel.

I like to do it like Ford does it in the first place :D
Tune with OEM pressure and size the inj accordingly ;)

I feel this way because I self tune :)

This has shown me that if you were to use undersized inj's with
elevated fuel pressure and then moved up to a more appropriate
size ... most of your tuning efforts are gonna be null and void
because the elevated pressure will have skewed things when
you try to operate at the OEM pressure level.

Thats just too much work :crazy:
Just pick an adequate size inj right off the bat :D

About finding more power with more miles

You could find a bit more power as things seat together better
but
I'd not think it would be a significant amount

Grady

You just need better "stroker" cam.

I run 24's on my 357ci and make 350rwhp,
yes runs a little lean at 6,000+rpm, but how long and often you holding 6,000rpms?

30's would be better, but I wouldn't sweat it that much.

and yes, your computer knows air temp going into engine from the Air Intake Temp Sensor
and does adjust total timing down for higher air temps, thus reducing power.
Hot air is also less dense and just wont make as strong a "bang" in the engine then cooler
denser air on top of all that.

Your injector isn't the problem, killercanaries 347 proves that.

A dyno has much less variables that can be affected, so at this point it is your best bet to rule out variables.

The track has more inconsistencies than the dyno, like wind direction and speed, shifting rpm, track prep, no correction factor, shifting speed, wheel spin, temperature variances in a less controlled environment, and the fact that many can not be repeated from one run to another.

Mileage will 'undo' a few ponies, I've seen it myself. It will not gain you a killer amount.

Your injector isn't the problem, killercanaries 347 proves that.

A dyno has much less variables that can be affected, so at this point it is your best bet to rule out variables.

The track has more inconsistencies than the dyno, like wind direction and speed, shifting rpm, track prep, no correction factor, shifting speed, wheel spin, temperature variances in a less controlled environment, and the fact that many can not be repeated from one run to another.

Mileage will 'undo' a few ponies, I've seen it myself. It will not gain you a killer amount.

David makes good points :nice:

I've seen it said a Dynojet won't load your car as much as the street :)

Just one more thing to think about when choosing inj's :shrug:

Grady

Steve explained to me that he doesen't like to eliminate the computers power to pulltiecause it might cause it to ping, I have been having 110*+ temps and humid as hell im having a hard enough time trying to keep this new motor cool in those temps the last thing i need is detonation too.

kinda hard start on that beauty huh?
i have a hard time starting after the car is warm, i got to put my foot on the gas to start it. hopefully once i tear this thing apart and find my problem and get the tranny fixed, i can fix all my problems. (is it me or performance motors are a high maintenance item? one thing after the other)

whats that knock sound also, i heard that the first time i started my car.

very nice though!