The AVIC-D3 is installed!! Lots of pictures!

Pioneer is the best.
Do you still recieve any unwanted sound over your subs? I did.... I had to put a ground loop on the RCA connection. That solved everything.

No.. Hmm. I am actually amazed at how smoothly everything went- voltage regulator works, no speaker pops/cracking.. nothing. :shrug:

I dont plan on changing out any speakers or installing any additional subwoofers or amps. I am actually pretty happy with the stock sound!

I agree! :nice: Even for being stock, the speakers sound amazing with the D3. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I never activated my factory satellite. Just got a letter from Sirius wanting me to extend my subscription. Strange.
Anyone with a factory satellite antenna been able to get rid of the thing?

I never activated my factory satellite. Just got a letter from Sirius wanting me to extend my subscription. Strange.
Anyone with a factory satellite antenna been able to get rid of the thing?

I keep getting those same letters.. I would never pay for Sirius, but it was nice for free.. :rolleyes:

As far as getting rid of the antenna, the paint under mine was already "worn," so even if I were to replace the sirius antenna with something smaller (xm/nav/etc), the surrounding paint would look horrible. I am tempeted to get the antenna painted gloss black.. seeing as how it's not going anywhere.. :mad:

i just put a d3 in my 06. i have the shaker 500 system and used the crutchfield harness. i dodnt use the rca harness that came with the crutchfield harness and everything sounds great. is it necessary to hook it up? even without it, it doesnt sound like the speakers are lacking anything.

Doesn't the orange/white stripe wire coming from the Ford harness have the proper "signal" for illumination? The stock shaker 1000 has dimmer function, doesn't it? Why do we need to tap into the headlight switch? Just curious as I plan to install my D3 tomorrow.

No, the orange/white wire from the factory in-dash harness does not work for dimming the AVIC.

Looking back, I would put a on the dimmer wire.. there are some days when it's overcast and I need the headlights on, but the AVIC dims too much to be seen.

After noticing your car is a shelby, then I was no longer surprised that you could aford all those extra bells and whistles for it, must be nice to be rich hee hee. "Nice job', looks awesome!!!!