The Best headers for the job...

Luca11

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Hey all, I'm looking for the best headers i can get. Here are some i was thinking about, Mac unequal length shorty, Mac long tube headers, Flowtech shorty, keep in mind that I'm looking for the best performance, and something that improves the sound with my exhaust setup. I have SLP loudmouth 1 cat-back, and mac pro-chamber, which kind of headers is the missing piece. Need some help...

• Sponsors (?)

well if you already have the prochamber that sort of takes longtubes out of the question...although they would give you the best performance. Next best thing would probably be some equal length headers. I second Srothfuss's opinion about FRPP headers...the quality is excellent. good luck man

5LugFoxFanatic said:
Oh, and BTW, stay away from MAC, they use a single flange design. They go one fine but if you ever take them off, good luck putting them back on.

I agree with this statement. My car came with and still has the MAC equal length shorties. The flange seems to shrink after time making the end 2 header bolts a MOTHER to get in. I ended up have to egg out the end 2 holes in order to get the bolts to start straight otherwise its cross thread mania.

And also, a locking header bolt, something like Stage 8 sells are a MUST for any headers or you'll fight loose bolts and blown header gaskets for ever. I also used copper header gaskets as well. Spend a little $ now or a lot of :bang: later!

i had a question about the headers (equal length)
i have these right now and my #4 boot is always getting toasted i got the DEI looms and it still bruned the boot. Anyone else have this issue and if so how did you take care of it?