The latest in Rice Technology

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see why you guys are bashing it.

It's just an electric cutout placed in the muffler...:shrug:

Would be handy if you live around bitchy neighbors, or don't prefer a loud exhaust system all the time.

I'm a tech at toyota, and can tell you this "technology" is already on some of their factory vehicles. They dont advertise it, its just in our new model technical review.

Reason of it is to make the vehicle quiter, and allow sufficient flow when demanded.

I'm a tech at toyota, and can tell you this "technology" is already on some of their factory vehicles. They dont advertise it, its just in our new model technical review.

Reason of it is to make the vehicle quiter, and allow sufficient flow when demanded.

Cool, I figured we would start seeing that.

Used in the right application, yes, ok....but seriouly...how many tuners would wanna put this on an say."check!!!...turn the dial...100hp!!!!!!" I got the sticker and wing to prove it!!!!"

:lol:

Probaly quite a bit.

doesn't one of the new Saleens have something like that?

anyway just sounds to me like just an update of the old electric cut-out :shrug:

Correct on the Saleen application. It's pretty cool how it works on the Saleen though, it's all automatic.

Meh...not too bad of a product. Not something i would really be interested in.....but it would be useful in situations where you wanted a quiet exhaust when you have a load car.

Perfect for the 17YO kids that have catless stangs, or loud rice burners....and want to sneak out of the house at night. No more pushing their car down the street....just turn the ignition to ON and set it to mode 3 and fire the beast up. = no worries. (kidding....but im sure it could happen :lol:)

the new z06 has butterfly valves on the ends of the exhaust to help with sound. they open up fully under WOT. my bike also used to have this on its exhaust as well but now i have a new exhaust system so its not there anymore.

It makes perfect sense, maybe it will kill the fart can crowd a bit if it catches on?

And I thought the Saleen version had 2 separate exhausts that it swapped to?