The suspension is makin me wonder

I got this donor car for dirt cheap and it's got all kinds of nice goodies on it.
Like Edelbrock lower rear control arms, and lakewood struts in the front.
And something else I have never seen in person before.....
inside what looks to be stock rear springs. There are these red airbags with lines running into the trunk, with standard airvalves on them,(like your tires)
I put some air into them and they fill up and raise the back of the car a bit and I guess they stiffen the rear springs up.
what will all of this do for my car in the 1/4 if anything at all.. I'm not too knowleagable about suspension yet. Except for the obvious stuff. like the drag struts.
I wanna throw all of this stuff into my stang and any info about those bags would be greatly appreciated.
The way I see it.... It can't hurt to put it in :D

• Sponsors (?)

The bag is an airbag. It is usually installed in the right rear spring, to stop the car from swauting dowm on that side more than the driver side suring launch. It is used to help improve traction during launch.

Mario

Ah, airbag rear suspension.

It's used for racing at the track and helping with launches. You fill the rear bags to help with squat or to raise the rear for bigger tires. Usually you want more air in the right rear to help control pitch and keep the rear of the car flat when you launch

sweet a$$
I love free parts espescially when they are damn good parts
I haven't had my car at the track yet. But since i got it Bone stock with subframes, I have put in edelbrock lower rear control arms, the rear airbags,3.73's Long tubes, off road H, 2 chambers, Pullies, Lakewood drag struts, Advanced My timing to 12* MSD ignition, a steeda tri axe, and I'm about to do a mass air conversion.
Next winter will be buildin a motor.
But what do ya think this car should do in the 1/4 with what I have now??
just curious as to what I might see this season.