Think jrichker needs any tech help?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not in the same league as Joe (if he's in the majors, I'm in A-ball). I've PM'd him a few times over the years for his thoughts on some weird issues. As you guys know, he's pretty crafty with creative diagnostics. :nice:

You do kinda' have the other part correct. With the threads where I know he has a great write-up, I often don't post. If it's something that I'm not sure he's done a tech note about or he's been busy and not posting a lot at that time, I might post up a little info (or just say to search for a particular thread).

Actually the good diag guys usually dont make money in a flat rate shop. If everyone knows your a good diag guy, guess what you do all day? Service work is where the money is at. Act stupid and youll be rich.

The sad thing is most of what he posts is just copy/paste from having to answer the same questions over and over and over because nobody searches...lol.

Of course that's not to cut down his tech knowledge or anything. Maybe someday someone will ask a question and he'll have to TYPE out the answer from scratch.. :lol:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. A lot of credit should go to guys where were here before me and helped give me insight. Most of them have gone on to other passions, but a few of them still pop up from time to time.

Tmoss (diagram designer) & Stang&2Birds
(website host) Mustang FAQ - Engine Information is a great help. Study the diagrams and try to understand what's happening. You'll be surprised what you can learn from just one site. Everyone should bookmark this site.[/b]

There is a constant flow of new people here on Stangnet, and you are right. They ask the same questions over and over again. So Microsoft Word is my friend, cut and paste, maybe add a few comments. Watch out for the blue words in the first paragraph, it is the last revision date and what got changed. While I don't spend a lot of time doing new stuff, I do spend some time updating what I have done. At last count there were 20+ small changes in my library of tech notes, that is just for one month.

You guys come up with some real new problems, and I will do my best to help you solve them.

Joe R.