Thinking about buying a new coupe

I was looking at mustangs online and was thinking about buying a new coupe to work on. I miss working on foxbodies. I have had 3 so far and this will be my 2nd coupe. I saw this one what do you think? I noticed from the pics that it was wrecked in the front considering it has aftermarket fenders and the bumper doesn't say "mustang". I even noticed that the drivers side inner fender apron is torn so I'm thinking this price is quite high for a stock coupe ssp and think I could shoot him a lower price. Also, the interior combination is nasty and I would have to dye or change it which is not a problem but, just another con of the buy.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/543067459.html

• Sponsors (?)

That is a nice clean car, I'd carfax it as well, definitely looks like someone spent some money on it, you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer coupe in that price range. I agree though, I'd show $5k cash and you may very well take that car home with you.

I believe the other comment is drooling over the car, not telling ya NO on buying it.

I'd check out what it looks like from the bottom up. Coupes are getting hard to find and SSPs have always been a desirable car. The interior looks clean though as you mentioned isn't the color you were hoping for. I've done an interior swap and it's time consuming but certainly not difficult. Good luck!

Nice car but nowhere near worth 6k. Also i do think it's been in some kind of front end wreck, because nothing lines up. Either that or the guy who painted it and put it back together sucks at lining up body panels.

The thing to remember about SSPs is that they get USED. Depending on what the car was assigned to, it could have 200k miles of hard driving on it, or it could only have 100k miles but well over 200k miles worth of run time on it from sitting and watching traffic. It could've been ran through the media 100s of times, or it could've been assigned as a chase vehicle that rarely got used. It all depends.