Thinking about buying this car

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a Jeep with some rust. Living in Florida I am not used to working with rusty bolts. It stinks trying to take rusty bolts off. I wouldn't do it again.

I recently retired my 2001 1/2 ton Suburban. :cry:

I turned around and bought a 2003 ton 3/4 Suburban with half as many miles and less rust. :D

But because of world... It has the same exhaust/leak tick as the old Suburban. Common thing on Suburban/Sierra. :notnice:

I don't want to touch it because I don't think I possess everything necessary to get myself out of a jamb if one or more exhaust bolts breaks off in the heads, [in the truck]. I've talked to two shops already and neither of them will touch it. :notnice:

It goes away when it gets warm/heat-soaked. :shrug:

I must make it stop :ninja:

Reactions: 1 user
If you wanted it as a beater to cruise in then i'd use the crusty suspension parts and gasket failures to your advantage and get it cheap.
You would think this would be the case, but far too many owners like this think their car is the greatest and don't move on their price (some fool will pay it). Personally I think the value would be $2-4k depending on the rest we don't see (shock towers, rear frame rails/floor) , but would doubt you will get it for less than $5k. Just the kind of sellers I have seen in recent years.

Reactions: 1 user
You would think this would be the case, but far too many owners like this think their car is the greatest and don't move on their price (some fool will pay it). Personally I think the value would be $2-4k depending on the rest we don't see (shock towers, rear frame rails/floor) , but would doubt you will get it for less than $5k. Just the kind of sellers I have seen in recent years.
I agree and have seen it first hand as well. I personally though, even though I do not like verts much at all would probably give it a shot. Given the rear window motors most likely don't work, floor pans are probably crusty, the lower rad support is beat as we can see, various surface rusted suspension and areas plus chrome door handles. All that being a vert it would be interesting to see how much the seller would come but like you pointed out probably not worth the OP's time though