Thinking about projector headlights need a little help

pomag50

Jul 10, 2007
San Diego
Hello all. I am a new stang owner. I have been a mechanic for a long time but not until yesterday did I buy a car that I could work on easily. I have been looking at several types of lights. the first type is a projector type:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/94-98-angle-eye-projectors-black.html

the second type are:

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Smoked-Headlights-p/00404.htm

I really like the projector look but I am really looking for ridiculously bright lights. I mean if the difference between the two is negligible then i will go with the projectors because of the halo affect. I would just like some wisdom and input from you guys thanks in advance.

I bought a 95 GT 5.0 LOVE IT TO DEATH. most likely will not buy any other type of car.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the one piece ones.

I threw them away.

Everyone who had them will tell you that they are a complete and total load of ****. Which they are. They also put out less light than my stockers. Now I have smoked headlights and an HID kit. If you do get projectors get the Depo brand and an HID kit.

That is the ONLY way to do protectors.

i've owned:
1) stock GT headlights
2) two-piece projectors
3) two-piece smoked from blueovalindustries

the smoked BOI (#3 on the list) have, by far, been the best out of the three.

the projectors were pretty decent, but were not as clean looking at all. plus, i hear the one-piece projectors that you're looking at don't fit too well and are tough to align.

honestly, the BOI lights put out way more light w/ some silverstar bulbs than the projectors did w/ the silverstars. they are waay cheaper (189), too, and are of much higher quality.

Ok i am sold on the HID lights. Still deciding which headlight assembly to go with. but either way. which HID system is good to get there are a million out there. and also do i need 2 bulbs for each light for highs and lows?

i guess since i am so new, i have lots of possibly stupid questions. what is the difference between projector lights and the cobra style ones? I work on engines so electrical stuff is kinda new to me.

i guess since i am so new, i have lots of possibly stupid questions. what is the difference between projector lights and the cobra style ones? I work on engines so electrical stuff is kinda new to me.

Remeber back in school. Remeber the overhead projectors?

Basically there is a lens on the light that gives it a nice beam. Where as normal lights just have a bunch of reflectors.

you know that really told me exactly what it was. i really thank you for all the help. i have a feeling i am going to end up spending way to much money on this damn car. and i have a feeling you guys are going to be helpful. thanks again