Thinking about Turbocharing my Automatic

MSM0075

May 13, 2003
Central Jersey
I'm not trying to hard to sell my '93LX, maybe cause I don't want to or I don't think i'll get the money its worth so I think I'm going to hold on to it. For the past few days I was thinking of what to do with it. I started it up the other day and also checked if the A/C worked, and it still did, thats always a good sign. My original plan was to just clean it up and attatch the rebuilt A4LD transmission that I got from my turbocoupe donar for my '88LX. On top of all of this, a good buddy of mine (previous owner of my TC donar) has another motor sitting in his garage on a engine stand. I'm thinking about buying that from him for a couple hundred and dropping it into the '93. I know you guys are saying, 'why dont you just 5spd it' well I just want a cruiser, something everyone in my family or friends can drive if needed, just a nice solid car to get around in that also has some pick up. We all know how slow our automatic 4 bangers are, can't get out of their own way. I relize that even this rebuilt automatic with a shift kit will die down the road if i still have this car by then, if so then I might consider 5spd swapping it.

Anyway, just an idea thought I'd share..

• Sponsors (?)