Thinking about two tone paint

Jaym14

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island, N.Y.
So I'm thinking about making my car a two tone with either a black top or bottom (leaning towards bottom) and possibly a thin silver separating line. Take a look at the pics and give me your opinions and ideas. Also, what do you think it would run me? I got a buddy who does custom resto's thats going to take a look at it for me soon and let me know what he thinks also. Just an idea right now

dsc01333lug.jpg

dsc01334vei.jpg

dsc01347eik.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well it wouldn't be hard but it may cost ya, since you'll have to yank the whole car apart and respray the whole car,even tho your keeping the orange it will have to be recleared and completely wet sanded and buffed. There's a kid around me that has a GT with Cobra ground effects and is painted black on tip and candy orange on the bottom and it looks awesome. It doesn't have the silver break so it looks a little cheaper. I think your car would look really nice, but then again it does look clean as hell already!

Thanks, the black top works perfect with the windows and window trim etc... IMO of course.

I would also look into a different set of rims. Race looking wheels look good, but on two tone cars, a street type rim looks better... once again IMO only.

Thanks, the black top works perfect with the windows and window trim etc... IMO of course.

I would also look into a different set of rims. Race looking wheels look good, but on two tone cars, a street type rim looks better... once again IMO only.
Agreed 100000%

To the OP, I think those wheels you have on there now makes the car look very plain and boring. I done such a terrible job on this I don't even want to post it but it shows you how much just changing the wheels will change the whole look of the car. I'll have sometime later tonight and I might redo this picture, and actually put some effort into it. I hate posting bad work, but, I feel it gets the point across enough for you to change the wheels and keep the ones you have for track duty.:nice:

dsc01334veicopy.jpg

That photochop looks pretty good with those rims.The only thing i dont like is how the black goes straight across instead of a slight arch to it like 25ths car.Other than that i'd go for it.:nice:

Yeah, it was easier for me to make one click than a few. Like I said, it's very rough and was done very fast, I hate I even posted it but maybe it'll help him out.

Agreed 100000%

To the OP, I think those wheels you have on there now makes the car look very plain and boring. I done such a terrible job on this I don't even want to post it but it shows you how much just changing the wheels will change the whole look of the car. I'll have sometime later tonight and I might redo this picture, and actually put some effort into it. I hate posting bad work, but, I feel it gets the point across enough for you to change the wheels and keep the ones you have for track duty.:nice:

dsc01334veicopy.jpg

Thats badass bro!! Exactly what I had in mind... I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

Am I the only one that thinks the car looks great the way it is? Maybe a set of black saleens will change the look a little?:shrug:

I do love the car how it looks now, but I can't deny that that two tone would be a real eye catcher :nice: I agree about the wheels though... I love welds, but I've wanted to get a nice street set for a while but I've been holding off b/c I'm doing a cobra brake swap soon and I'm going to do it all at once.

Do the two tone, with the silver stripe in the middle, then tint the windows a bit, then some nice 17s or 18s and it would look amazing. It does look good as it sits, don't get me wrong. But I think it would be an improvement to change it that way!