Thinking of getting A-pillar guages.. which should I get?

I'll be staying N/A for a while and want to dress up the interior a bit... Maybe oil pressure and fuel pressure guages? :shrug:

If you guys have some pics, I would like to see them. I was thinking of the Auto Meter Ultra Lite series..

Any tips for the installtion or things to look out for would be great :)

• Sponsors (?)

Here are my fuel pressure and boost guages. I also have a steering colum guage going in this week with the Wideband commander :nice:

Boost%20and%20Fuel.jpg

The factory oil pressure gage is worthless as it never fluctuates or moves. Your actual oil pressure will vary between 20 psi for a hot engine to 90 psi for a cold engine at idle. Your factory gage will never move. Also, your volts gage is the same. When engaging the starter, the volts gage will not show a drop in voltage. If you want to put A-pillar gages in and your not boosted, at least put something in you can use.

The Fuzzy Bunny said:
Gauge pods + no blower = rice

Why not add a nice big monster clock tack while you're at it? :shrug:
well a guage you should have even if you dont have a blower is Air/Fuel ratio. With some boltons, ur mixture can be skrewed up, nice to keep an eye on it. If you have a Auto, a tranny temp guage is a must. you wanna keep a close eye on it at the track. besides that, yeah pretty much everything is pointless w/o a blower..still looks good

AirWolf87 said:
well a guage you should have even if you dont have a blower is Air/Fuel ratio. With some boltons, ur mixture can be skrewed up, nice to keep an eye on it. If you have a Auto, a tranny temp guage is a must. you wanna keep a close eye on it at the track. besides that, yeah pretty much everything is pointless w/o a blower..still looks good
Those air/fuel guages dont really work :notnice:

AirWolf87 said:

If your going to want an air/fuel guage get a wide band.

http://widebandcommander.com/ :hail2:

Mine will be installed this week with this guage pod.

Kinda looks like this but the pod is on the other side
015004_s.jpg

In my 5.0 I have Mechanical Water temp and oil pressure gauges on the A-pillar and a FUel pressure gauge on the cowl. Those seemed the most important gauges to me for N/A

The Fuzzy Bunny said:
Gauge pods + no blower = rice

That is totally not true.......if the guages were not hooked up yes, for sure. On a performance engine you want a little more info than the idiot lights provide. Now off I go to install that new super Monster tire guage on my cowl. :D My car came with a 3 guage cowl mount kit.