thinking of leaving the stang game

trav_19

Oct 29, 2006
Jackson, MI
well im undecided what i want to do... i have owned them and there fun but with the lack of funds from being laid off i cant do all the stuff i want to do and i cant wait till summer when i can afford to do them its bothering me they are sitting in the garage...i dont know what to do...i have always like supercoupes and never owned one of them...maybe i will get rid of the stangs and then nexy summer pick up one of those and play with it...i dont know what i want to do what do you guys think?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

even though super coupes seem fun... finding a 5 speed is often a bitch... and my friend had a modded one and the probe smoked it... i mean jsut buy a v6 stang for cheap and slap on the SC.... if thats what your looking for... lol

Just let the stangs sit for a while until you can get your financial situation all worked out again. If you really need to, then I guess you can sell them, but I think you'd regret it in the end. Just my $.02

yea im sure i will prolbey keep them i know what i got invested into the vert and i would be pissed at myself for getting rid of it.

as far as the supercoupe goes i like the looks of them not so much the powerplant thought it would be nice oviously not a powerplant just a after work mild toy that i could cruise the fam around in and still have style...because if i start the mods on the 94 it wont be much of a cruiser and i think i will no longer enjoy driving it... i cant drive the vert when the ladys with me because she dosent like the top down and i think its no fun with it up lol

A Super Coupe won't give you that much more room for four. They can be modded cheaply. (3.8 Mustang headers, throw away Lightning pulley, etc.) They're pretty quick. 90+mph, most of the way, from Columbus,Oh to Carlisle,Pa=28mpg...ask me how I know.

Really though, I would keep the Stangs. The SC lost it's "attractiveness" pretty quickly. (A TFI module for one is $150. 4-5 hours to change spark plugs.)

A Super Coupe won't give you that much more room for four. They can be modded cheaply. (3.8 Mustang headers, throw away Lightning pulley, etc.) They're pretty quick. 90+mph, most of the way, from Columbus,Oh to Carlisle,Pa=28mpg...ask me how I know.

Really though, I would keep the Stangs. The SC lost it's "attractiveness" pretty quickly. (A TFI module for one is $150. 4-5 hours to change spark plugs.)

How do you know?:D

im not in financial trouble...i just dont have enough money to be putting any money in them and i hate seeing projects sit in the garage untouched...first winter that im not out tearing something apart in there down time and its getting to me.... i have done nothing but regret becoming a union electrician...no job security at all as soon as there slow it dont matter how good of a worker you are they want to protect there pocket books and your just extra money...i worked ot for free came in on weekends for reg pay....you name it i was doing it for them when they started to get slow right after my son was born it was sorry were getting slow and you are making pretty good money so we cant afford to keep ya....tottal bull

:D i feel better now that i vented:SNSign:

When it comes to money and mods...I made a set in stone plan as far as goals with NO time limit. I often just walk away from the car for 2-3mo at a time. Keeps me from burning out on it and wanting to spend money here and there on it. Take the time your spending not working on it to research and realy think if that mod fits your overall goals...you know mods you dont really NEED like track susp. if your only about a 15% track use.

We all dream about what we want to do or would do.

We all NEED to just calm down and realize we will never do EVERYTHING we want to do...just aim at what area realy makes you happy and enjoy...its a hobby once you stop enjoying it people start selling.

im not in financial trouble...i just dont have enough money to be putting any money in them and i hate seeing projects sit in the garage untouched...

My '66 hasn't ran in 3 years. If anything, it's more motivation to get out there and wrench on it. Just sucks that I'm up here at school, and it's at my parent's house.
But I'm glad I still have it.

Also, IMO, it doesn't make much sense to get a car and start the modding process all over again if you don't have the money to mod the cars you have now. Just think that buying a used car means you may have things to fix before you can even start modding; at least you know what shape your cars are in.

As someone pointed out, you could pick the one you like the most and sell the other. Then use the money to mod the keeper. This would be last resort though, like if you REALLY can't wait to do some modding. I think you'd regret selling your 'vert anyways.:D