Thinking of selling my car for an 03...

a_k

Nov 12, 2004
Saratoga NY
I don't mean to start another thread like this but I really have no idea even what to ask for my car. I know I won't get anything close to what I put it. I've always wanted an 03 cobra and I'm just toying with the idea right now, but will probably keep mine for a while. I was just wondering what you guys would list my car for sale at? For mods I have a 331 with eagle rods and crank, srp forged pistons in the stock block. AFR 185 heads with the upgraded valve springs, Scorpion 1.6rr's, ed c custom cam, rpm2 intake, 30lb inj, 80mm PMAS, 75mm accufab, a tweecer rt, plx m-300 wideband, centerforce df clutch, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73's, rebuilt t5, fluidyne radiator, bbk longtubes, o/r h, mac catback, mgw short shifter, steeda x2 balljoints and bumpsteer kit, eibach springs, msd dizzy, 6al and coil, under drive pulleys, and tons of new parts. The chassis has 125k on it. Also has a cobra r hood which the paint turned out awesome on. I need some time to think about it because I don't want to sell it and end up regretting it, but what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

documentation. really helps. just cause you say you have all that its hidden inside the engine. So........ and remember mods really don't increase the value of the car. 6k-8k

Not a bad choose 03 cobra sounds great to me.:nice:

it comes down to you what do YOU need to get out of it ?? there has to be a idea of what you would like to get for it if you have to sell it...so start there tell us a price and we can tell you if it seems high or what

1.) You keep your's and build it up the way you want it, then drive it and enjoy it.

2.) You buy the 03, you pay monthly on the 03, and buy more expensive parts for the 03.

While the 03 is a sexy beast and would be awesome to own, your's has the 5.0...

2.) You buy the 03, you pay monthly on the 03, and buy more expensive parts for the 03.

I'd have to disagree here. To get a 5.0 to perform on the level of "average" modded Terminators...you HAVE to replace the block. Period.

By the time u even think about replacing the block, you've gotta get a blower, or if u're going n/a, thats a whole new EXPENSIVE h/c/i for a big stroker setup.

Im not completely fluent in Terminator mods...but pulley, chip, exhaust, tune....(do u need to supply more fuel via injectors or pump?) and the Terminator is far far far out ahead of the 5.0. And its pretty much a factory built car. Not a modded in your driveway 5.0 with a bunch of bugs in it from all the mods:bang:

Bottom line, if u can cover the monthly note AND insurance (not sure on your age/driving record but i've heard that Terminators carry one hell of a insurance premium) then i say go for it. :nice:

And i browse the LS1 sites often as i love trans ams and i know us 5.0 guys are often trying to keep up with those pesky LS1 guys......

And sometimes they have a thread about ALL cobras in general and how the LS1 does against them....

And well....if we usually view LS1's as our competitor...then this picture says it all....

View attachment 367604

PS- Im pretty sure this is a GM made picture....meaning its not a ford guy who made it to talk *****...GM boys telling the truth on what happens most of the time on the street....

"Originally Posted by earleys94gt

2.) You buy the 03, you pay monthly on the 03, and buy more expensive parts for the 03. "

I was talking in general about how the Terminator/New Edge parts are usually more expensive than our 5.0 parts are.

"Originally Posted by earleys94gt

2.) You buy the 03, you pay monthly on the 03, and buy more expensive parts for the 03. "

I was talking in general about how the Terminator/New Edge parts are usually more expensive than our 5.0 parts are.

Which u are correct on, but we're talking different caliber of parts. I'd agree 100% on a new edge GT, Mach 1, Bullit, Or PRE 03 Cobra.....

On those cars you'd be buying heads, cams, etc to up the power. And those cars dont have the solid shortblock 03/04 cobras have...

So you're right on those cars...

But you dont have to touch have the crap you need to modify on 5.0 or the lesser 4.6 cars that will go untouched on 03/04 cobras unless u get REALLY serious.

And by that HP level....money doesnt matter much :lol:

And its pretty much a factory built car. Not a modded in your driveway 5.0 with a bunch of bugs in it from all the mods:bang:

Bottom line, if u can cover the monthly note AND insurance (not sure on your age/driving record but i've heard that Terminators carry one hell of a insurance premium) then i say go for it. :nice:

Exactly. I love my car but since I have done all of these mods it seems like it's one thing after another all the time. I'm only 20 but I was figuring if I keep this another year or so, sell it, by then I will have enough money saved to have a very minimal monthly payment. But then if I keep my car, its going to need a new rear end, trans, and suspension since all of that is still stock, but the terminators come with everything I already want. I guess it comes down to how much money/ how much my car would sell for a year from now.....:shrug: :nice:

And when it runs good it's worth it and I love it.:nice: Sometimes I get pissed when I can't figure something out but hey, i'm learning. Grady, I don't know if you saw in my other thread but i've been reading alot on the tweecer boards and from you're website and I almost have my tune nailed, so thanks:nice:

And when it runs good it's worth it and I love it.:nice: Sometimes I get pissed when I can't figure something out but hey, i'm learning. Grady, I don't know if you saw in my other thread but i've been reading alot on the tweecer boards and from you're website and I almost have my tune nailed, so thanks:nice:

I say this to you cause you are only 20 :)

It usually takes a bit more time and effort to make a thing perfect :D

Make that older Stang your Swan Song my young friend ;)

You can do it :Word:

Ever notice how old folks say stuff like that :rlaugh:

Grady

Pretty soon All the 94-95 5.0's will be replaced with 03-04 cobras. LOL

The pic is hard to understand??? But I guess it means that if 03/04 you would only see the rear due to being passed by. and the 99/02 alot less power and they pass them. I hope thats what they mean Its a little confusing???????????????????????????????????

You guys just don't understand :nono:

the U N I Q N E S S :banana:

of the Pushrod 94-95 :D

A perfect blending of old school power short block
and
New school pcm controlled spark/induction
and
Wrapped in a pretty decent chassis

It can be improved upon so easily to suit your tastes

Of course ... its nothing like a 03 Cobra ... its not supposed to be ;)

Those two Stangs ... They are not in the same Class :nono:

You've always been able to buy ... it all ... from a Manufacturer :)
but
To build ... it all ... from a unique car like the 94-95 :nice:

Its just one of those things you don't see every day on every corner :Word:

Grady

You guys just don't understand :nono:

the U N I Q N E S S :banana:

of the Pushrod 94-95 :D

A perfect blending of old school power short block
and
New school pcm controlled spark/induction
and
Wrapped in a pretty decent chassis

It can be improved upon so easily to suit your tastes

Of course ... its nothing like a 03 Cobra ... its not supposed to be ;)

Those two Stangs ... They are not in the same Class :nono:

You've always been able to buy ... it all ... from a Manufacturer :)
but
To build ... it all ... from a unique car like the 94-95 :nice:

Its just one of those things you don't see every day on every corner :Word:

Grady

Agreed, but not everyone actually "builds" their car...u can write a check to a performance shop to build it also:p Which IMHO is the same thing as buying an 03 Cobra. But goin out and wrenching on your own car....now that just builds a bond with it that no one can understand unless they do it themselves View attachment 367152

And with the picture, i thought it was pretty clear....trans ams(camaros) will see Pre 03 Cobras in their rear view mirror...the front of the car....where as 9 times out of 10 they'll see the tail lights of a 03-Present cobra. View attachment 367154 View attachment 367156 View attachment 367158

Agreed, but not everyone actually "builds" their car...u can write a check to a performance shop to build it

Now this is something I could never do :nono:

Nobody ... And I mean N O B O D Y
They ain't gonna be hosin around with my Stang :Word:

But goin out and wrenching on your own car....now that just builds a bond with it that no one can understand unless they do it themselves

Well of course it does :D

Not only for me ... but my entire family as well ;)

Been that way now for years :)

My Stang has a name :eek:

My daughter said ... and I quote .............. "HIS Name is ... RED!"

I asked her ............... "So then ... the car is male in gender?"

She said ... "Dad ... Anything that makes that kind of noise and power .......
How could it be a GIRL?" :rlaugh:

Grady