This makes me sad!!!

• Sponsors (?)

ouch, i know that hurts. i know mine is only like 7500$ and i got over 15k invested in mine not including what i paid for the car.

The thing that really makes me sad is, I have more than $12k in mods in the thing... I bought my Mach back in sept 06 for $20k, (before tax, licensing, & warranty) when prices were sky high. I have never missed a payment, in fact, I always pay extra, & I STILL owe more than its worth!!!!:nonono:

Oh well, at least I always planned on keeping it, & @ this rate I have to anyway, unless I want to pay payments on a car that I dont even own anymore LOL!!!

A guy on a local forum just got a 52k mile Azure Blue Mach for $10k!!!!:eek:

Add a few grand for your kickass wheels, and front suspension... and everything else in your mods list.
:nice:

You can be depressed, and I'll trade you cars... then you can cut that kbb price in half. :notnice:

Thanks, but one thing I learned when selling cars is that u can have 20k in mods, but that will only net a few thousand more when it comes time to sell unless you wait around for the "right" buyer... U never get your mod money back thats 4 sure.

If I ever did sell my car, I would turn it back to complete stock & part out the mods, thats the only way I would make anything off of it....

I won't sell it anyway though!!!:flag:

Wish they were that price when I got mine, I would be sitting in an 04 Comp orange Cobra right now.... I guess they are worth more in Texas, because I checked the KBB value on 03 Cobras out here & its @ $17,500...

Thanks, but one thing I learned when selling cars is that u can have 20k in mods, but that will only net a few thousand more when it comes time to sell unless you wait around for the "right" buyer... U never get your mod money back thats 4 sure.

If I ever did sell my car, I would turn it back to complete stock & part out the mods, thats the only way I would make anything off of it....

I should have added that.
I have a buddy whose running into the same problem. 675hp eclipse, and nobody will buy it for more than 12K. He had a buyer at 14K, but they backed down fast.
Bad economy+nice cars w/lots of mods = no good :notnice:

I won't sell it anyway though!!!:flag:

Wish they were that price when I got mine, I would be sitting in an 04 Comp orange Cobra right now.... I guess they are worth more in Texas, because I checked the KBB value on 03 Cobras out here & its @ $17,500...

ya im with ya on that one, like i said i have over 15k in mine and i will never see that come back in my pocket, and the only way i will get rid of it is when they pry the keys outta my cold dead hand!

Vehicles are horrible investments, so why does everyone treat them like they are? I can understand why you guys may be a little upset that your car isnt worth what you owe on it but everyone should know that when it comes to cars the value tends too keep going down. Ontop of that when you mod a vehicle as much as some people do you can actually decrease the value of the car because not everyone has the same tastes. What I am getting at here is that if anyone ever wants to make money on re-selling a car they should buy something that is very special and limited production and drive it 5 times a year.

Vehicles are horrible investments, so why does everyone treat them like they are? I can understand why you guys may be a little upset that your car isnt worth what you owe on it but everyone should know that when it comes to cars the value tends too keep going down. Ontop of that when you mod a vehicle as much as some people do you can actually decrease the value of the car because not everyone has the same tastes. What I am getting at here is that if anyone ever wants to make money on re-selling a car they should buy something that is very special and limited production and drive it 5 times a year.

I already know that cars are horrible investments, but the economy this year has put a huge dent on car values, & it has made the market take a huge nose dive FAST... Less than year ago, my car was worth around $17k???

not me,

Makes me laugh at the crap mustangs I see and my under valued z06 I drive

These cars are a dime a dozen. Can't say now many C5's, GT's, and other cars I drive by, take 30 seconds to look at, and know they are dogs.

As you stated, Epik, these cars, nor most cars are investments. The people I really feel bad for are those like you. People that have oustanding quality vechicles, unmolested, and treated with great respect. Not the 16 year old joe blows that join this site, drop every dime they have in to their body kits and wheels, then talk crap to others and tell them to shut up.

Even from a frc body owner, your car is outstanding, don't put that blower on it. keep it as it is. 300+rwhp and amazing looks will still be an eye turner 20 years from now.

Says my 96 Cobra with 54,000 is worth 7,470.

Says my 04 Cobra with 5,700 is worth 19,500.

:bs: I'm asking $12,000 for my 96 Cobra when it's up for sale soon. I have 20K in that car right now (all mods plus the price of the car when I bought it)

And there is no way I'd sell my 04 for 19K.

Blue Book stinks :rlaugh: I hate looking at blue book, UNLESS I am buying a car, then I can chew them down.....look at nada, it will say your car is worth a TON more. Anyways....like I said, ignore blue book. Last year when I sold my 00 GT with 74k miles, blue book said $7900 retail, $6500 or something private....I sold the car for $9500.....like Winters said, your car as was my 00 gt, isnt your everyday car that people trash on and dont clear and care for. I felt my 00 gt was exceptionally clean for 74,000 miles. And just as your car is super clean, its worth more then book and if someone was looking for the right car like yours, they would pay for it. :nice: Heck, I dont even want to look at my 01 GT with 24k miles, thats why I am planning on never selling it LOL

I couldnt resist...I looked up my car...Private party excellent cond. says $7800....retail says $9500...

Nada says: $11,500 Retail and $9700 trade in......never understood why Nada and Blue Book always varried...but Nada takes in account for miles also

Woot, my 97 is still worth as much as I paid for it 2.5 years and 60k miles ago. :D There's no way I could begin to replace the 97. It's such a nice daily driver, even though it's not the fastest.

What I am getting at here is that if anyone ever wants to make money on re-selling a car they should buy something that is very special and limited production and drive it 5 times a year.

Or buy older cars that are already only 5k and you can drive it for a year and sell it for 5.5k or so...Not really making money but you wont lose a dollar.. :nice:

good philosophy for me at 21.... once im outta school ill buy new and lose thousands:D