Those with full Eibach Pro Kit suspension installs, how does it ride?

• Sponsors (?)

Right now, I'm still unsure. It does feel a bit improved.. as far as the ride goes. It's difficult to noticed because the back end was stiff as hell before. The rear shocks were locked up, couldnt even push the rear down. Friend kept telling me it wouldnt move because it was supposed to be tight like that.. because its a convertible. Idk.. I have to r...o...l...l over heavy gravel. Gravel hits hard. Something isnt right. I think I'm going to try and put shorter end links in, the next size I have. Will see if it will reach.

There are quite a few brands for CC plates. What would you guys reccomend as far as quality, price and durability?

I had Hotchkis on my old 89 and Maximum Motorsports on my 91. The MM CC plates are made of steel (the Hotchkis were aluminum), were cheaper, and have more room for adjustment it seems. So far I like the MM better.

I put in an order for MM CC plates at LRS. Will let you know how it turns out after I get them on and aligned. I was looking at Steeda and BBK because they are aluminum. Steedas were $45 more and BBK's were a universal fit for all Fox years. Didn't trust that one as much.

Thanks for the info. Appreciated as usual.

Also I would suggest when you get your alignment that you pony up (no pun intended) for the lifetime aligment if you think there is a chance you will be doing anymore mods that will change the aligment later. I got the lifetime alignment at Firestone last time after I got my MM CC Plates. I hope to be doing the 5 lug swap soon and after that maybe coil overs. They might get tired of seeing me but at least it won't cost me anymore for an alignment as long as I own the car ! :nice:

Got my CC plates yesterday and finally installed them. Before I go into the detaiils of what I had to do, I gotta say BIG IMPROVEMENT! I did NOT know that would make such a dramatic difference in handling and ride. Almost all of the crappy vibrations I had.. shuddering.. floating.. it's nearly all gone. It rides totally different. Cornering is way improved, bumps are absorbed much nicer .. unlike before where it was totally tossing every crack at me like I hit a rock. Steering wheel doesn't shaked and tremble all over the place like it did. Hmmm.. Well worth the $200 bucks. No, I haven't got an alignment yet. I will soon. I just got done installing them and had to test it out quickly.

During install, I had to set 2 spacers on bottom and 2 on top otherwise the strut was stabbing into the hood insulation. I followed install procedures and set positive caster as fully as possible on both sides. Camber, well don't ask because I couldn't tell. A shop will have to set that. Actually, I'm going to have to give the shop a set of alignment specs because stock setting is what was giving me grief. Not sure of a good set of specs. It looks like the camber was too positive before the install, but it wasn't fudging with the tires. Now, It's in the negative a bit, and it is definately not matched on each side. During the 2 mile test, I smelled burning rubber, and there wasn't any other cars nearby. When I got back, the front tires were pretty warm. Thanks for all the tips.. even though I was more of a whiny beotch. lol..

Btw.. does anyone know anything about that Steeda alignment tool? Anyone ever tried it?