• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Throttle Body question

  • Thread starter Thread starter 91LX_5L
  • Start date Start date Feb 26, 2004

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
1,943
0
36
British Columbia
Feb 26, 2004
#1
  • Feb 26, 2004
  • #1
Iv got heads, cam, intake etc etc and a 70mm edlebrock throttle body. Now my car seems to idle a bit better when I turn the adjuster screw all the way down (screw it all the way down) but when I open it up (unscrew) it like 1 full turn it seems like my car has more power. I think I might just be imagining it.

Would opening the throttle body screw a bit give more power then having it tightened down all the way? Where should it be...how many turns up/open?

Thanks!!
 

1105

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
3,841
0
0
Daytona Bch, FL
Feb 26, 2004
#2
  • Feb 26, 2004
  • #2
The position of that screw should only affect the idle RPM. I think its all in your head

I'd just adjust the screw until you get the car to idle at the RPM you want.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
1994 Cobra - Fuel Pressure Drops Revving at Idle
  • IconicSilverGT500
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
16
Views
576
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Apr 24, 2026
Mcmahst
Engine Hiccup at full throttle
  • keel
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
915
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
keel
F
Engine 1988 Foxbody idle issues
  • fernandosgarage55
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
854
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 30, 2026
AeroCoupe
D
Engine Throttle sticky even after cable replacement
  • dqureshi06
  • Aug 16, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
427
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 17, 2025
AeroCoupe
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
536
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?