THSCC Autocross Novice School on 6/8 in Rockingham, NC

Warhorse Racing

Feb 10, 2019
United States
I know it is short notice, but there are a few spots available at the Tarheel Sports Car Club Autocross Novice School on Saturday, 6/8 @ the “Little Rock” in Rockingham, NC.

I’ll be instructing at the event. I would love to see more Mustangs at the school!

THSCC is a members-only club. The $18 yearly membership gets you some great perks, one of which is being able to attend their Novice School.

The entry requirements have been UPDATED:

*Drivers who have previously attended a THSCC Novice School (and meet the requirements below) are now eligible. (Normally, drivers cannot attend multiple THSCC Novice Schools.)

*Drivers who have attended 15 or fewer autocross events and who haven’t attended more than 6 autocross events in the last 12 months, and believe their basic skills need improving are now eligible.

*Please note that THSCC does check prior experience & results, and will bump drivers they determine to be looking for seat time.

The entry fee is $98. This includes a voucher for a free one-day event entry that can be used at any THSCC autocross event for the remainder of 2024!

This is an incredible value & the perfect opportunity to improve your autocross skills in your Mustang.

You can find MUCH MORE INFORMATION & REGISTER here:

THSCC Autocross Novice School (RESCHEDULED) (motorsportreg.com)

If you have any questions, please ask. I’m always happy to help.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, boo... I guess I only made the wait list. Since I likely can't drive, I might or might not come out depending on how well I sleep and what time I get up.

Well, boo... I guess I only made the wait list. Since I likely can't drive, I might or might not come out depending on how well I sleep and what time I get up.
Hopefully, I'll see you there. There might be some more cancellations tonight/tomorrow. Keep an eye out for an email from the registrar. If you can't make it, I hope you can make it out to another event this season.

Reactions: 1 user
1000021760.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
A :leghump:in' blast is all I can say about today. Foxbodies are the most fun cars to drive out on the autocross. All these guys with new-fangled ABS, and traction control and :poo:.... Nobody was having more fun than me in Black Jack, today. Thanks again to Warhorse Racing, who led me to my fastest times of the day, and I believe the fastest of the entire school of novices. Thank you also to Jake Cloninger & Matt Nowzari for thair coaching.

1000021779.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
A :leghump:in' blast is all I can say about today. Foxbodies are the most fun cars to drive out on the autocross. All these guys with new-fangled ABS, and traction control and :poo:.... Nobody was having more fun than me in Black Jack, today. Thanks again to Warhorse Racing, who led me to my fastest times of the day, and I believe the fastest of the entire school of novices. Thank you also to Jake Cloninger & Matt Nowzari for thair coaching.

1000021779.jpg
Novice School is always my favorite event of the season. I had an amazing time instructing a bunch of awesome novices. It was great to see several Mustangs at the school. I was lucky enough to have @FastDriver as my last student of the day, and it was fun to see him throwing his Fox around on course. He posted really fast times and impressed a lot of the staff members and students at the school!

If you've seen my other forum posts, or my YT channel, you know I've made it my mission to get as many 79-04 Mustang owners as possible to give autocross a try. There are events like this all over the country. If you want to improve your driving skills, see how capable your Mustang really is, and have a ton of fun pushing your pony to the limit in a safe environment, sign up for an autocross event near you!

You can search www.motorsportreg.com for local events. You can also check out www.thscc.com and www.auto-x.com for their schedules. I'm an instructor with both of those clubs. If you have any questions about autocrossing your Mustang, please ask. I'm always happy to help.

You can also check out my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@warhorseracing/videos
Thanks, i heard nothing but good about you! Im fixing up an 89 mustang now. I think i was mentioned last weekend at the track, I doubt ill make the june meet with my car as i still have a few hickups to address , mainly fuel delivery issues but i think ill show up just to check it out. I was kind of reluctant in doing any track at tge rock as ive only run dirt But this looks fun and now that i know there is a novice class and im bout losing sleep lol

Yessir, I did mention you to @Warhorse Racing while we chatted about the potential that other local fox guys might come out. If ya haven't already, check out his youtube channel, bud. You're not going to find another instructor with as much knowledge and interest in the platform anywhere. There's nobody better to learn from.

Thanks, i heard nothing but good about you! Im fixing up an 89 mustang now. I think i was mentioned last weekend at the track, I doubt ill make the june meet with my car as i still have a few hickups to address , mainly fuel delivery issues but i think ill show up just to check it out. I was kind of reluctant in doing any track at tge rock as ive only run dirt But this looks fun and now that i know there is a novice class and im bout losing sleep lol

Yessir, I did mention you to @Warhorse Racing while we chatted about the potential that other local fox guys might come out. If ya haven't already, check out his youtube channel, bud. You're not going to find another instructor with as much knowledge and interest in the platform anywhere. There's nobody better to learn from.
Thank you both for the kind words! I try to be as helpful as I can. And there are lots of other local Mustang autocrossers who are dedicated to helping novices at events. There's a Triad Sports Car Club event at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds on Sunday (6/16) where you'll see several 79-04 Mustangs. There's a grandstand there for spectators. The THSCC event at SNMP (6/23) should have a few Mustangs as well. If you come to spectate at either event, come find me. You'll also see the perks novices get at these events: A novice course walk led by an experienced autocrosser; ride-alongs with experienced autocrossers, and all the instruction they need/want.