Ticking Sound 3rd Gen Coyote

Just had my 1st oil change on my 22 Mustang GT. All of a sudden I hear a ticking sound from underneath the car. Not a constant tick but intermittent. It doesn't get any louder with acceleration, only at idle. Supposedly this is common in the Coyote engines. Specifically in the 2018 to current. Has anyone else had the same issue and what is it. Any solutions?

• Sponsors (?)

No solution. It is considered "normal".
At least that was what Ford was saying a few years ago when I worked at a Ford Dealership.
You can go to a Ford Dealership and have them run the VIN and check for any TSB's that might apply to your concern. But chances are the TSB is going to say that this is a normal feature of that engine. My guess is that you have a 10 speed auto.

No solution. It is considered "normal".
At least that was what Ford was saying a few years ago when I worked at a Ford Dealership.
You can go to a Ford Dealership and have them run the VIN and check for any TSB's that might apply to your concern. But chances are the TSB is going to say that this is a normal feature of that engine. My guess is that you have a 10 speed auto.
It's a manual.
Thanks for your reply

My friends 18 ticks and burns a quart of oil every thousand miles. He is pissed, but doesnt want them touching it.

that's dumb. 18 was the first year of the 3rd gen. if he's got a bad ring or they didn't seat he's gonna be a lot more pissed when he has to pay out of pocket to fix it. this is why i ripped on it pretty hard early on and heat cycled it a lot to try and give the rings the best chance of seating well.

i wonder if a lot of this burning oil has to do with people babying the cars too much early on.

that's dumb. 18 was the first year of the 3rd gen. if he's got a bad ring or they didn't seat he's gonna be a lot more pissed when he has to pay out of pocket to fix it. this is why i ripped on it pretty hard early on and heat cycled it a lot to try and give the rings the best chance of seating well.

i wonder if a lot of this burning oil has to do with people babying the cars too much early on.
He beats the crap out of it, and they told him they think its the rings