• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Time for a dyno tune?

  • Thread starter Thread starter midnightdriver
  • Start date Start date Dec 12, 2011
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

bradfier

Member
Mar 2, 2010
142
0
16
Jan 27, 2012
#21
  • Jan 27, 2012
  • #21
Glad you got a good tune! Did it take care of you spark knock? When are you taking it to the track, it would be interesting to see what the real difference is.
 

AZmustang98

Member
Oct 19, 2011
373
17
19
Flagstaff, Arizona
Jan 27, 2012
#22
  • Jan 27, 2012
  • #22
Nice!!! Is VMP a mail order tune? Or did you take it to a shop?
 

midnightdriver

Active Member
Jan 3, 2010
443
2
27
Northern California
Jan 28, 2012
#23
  • Jan 28, 2012
  • #23
bradfier said:
Glad you got a good tune! Did it take care of you spark knock? When are you taking it to the track, it would be interesting to see what the real difference is.
Click to expand...


Yeah, the new VMP tune seem to take care of all the spark knock, I have only put 80 miles on the tune though< so more time should definitely tell. I currently have no plans to take it to the strip and don't have any runs on the bama for comparison either>
 

midnightdriver

Active Member
Jan 3, 2010
443
2
27
Northern California
Jan 28, 2012
#24
  • Jan 28, 2012
  • #24
AZmustang98 said:
Nice!!! Is VMP a mail order tune? Or did you take it to a shop?
Click to expand...

Its the VMP mail order tune, I filled out the sheet with my info just like the bama and received a new tune via my email a day later.
 

AZmustang98

Member
Oct 19, 2011
373
17
19
Flagstaff, Arizona
Jan 28, 2012
#25
  • Jan 28, 2012
  • #25
midnightdriver said:
Its the VMP mail order tune, I filled out the sheet with my info just like the bama and received a new tune via my email a day later.
Click to expand...

What handheld do you recommend? The same guy I bought my LTs and stuff from offered a Diablo Sport (or something like that) handheld to me.
 
D

Deleted member 38176

Jan 29, 2012
#26
  • Jan 29, 2012
  • #26
AZmustang98 said:
What handheld do you recommend? The same guy I bought my LTs and stuff from offered a Diablo Sport (or something like that) handheld to me.
Click to expand...

SCT
 

AZmustang98

Member
Oct 19, 2011
373
17
19
Flagstaff, Arizona
Jan 29, 2012
#27
  • Jan 29, 2012
  • #27
Is there any problems with Diablo Sport?
 

AZmustang98

Member
Oct 19, 2011
373
17
19
Flagstaff, Arizona
Jan 29, 2012
#28
  • Jan 29, 2012
  • #28
I was also wondering if you guys know what is causing this:

When I stand at the rear of my car and listen very closely, I can hear very slight popping or tick from the exhaust. It is very random... like if I listen for 10 seconds I might hear it 2-5 times. It is very slight but I was wondering if it is a miss....or nothing at all.

Thanks guys.
 

03_TrueBlue_GT

Active Member
May 5, 2010
810
41
29
Houston, Tx
Jan 30, 2012
#29
  • Jan 30, 2012
  • #29
Do you have an o/r midpipe? Mine does something like that whenever its idling but I never worry about it...
 

AZmustang98

Member
Oct 19, 2011
373
17
19
Flagstaff, Arizona
Jan 30, 2012
#30
  • Jan 30, 2012
  • #30
03_TrueBlue_GT said:
Do you have an o/r midpipe? Mine does something like that whenever its idling but I never worry about it...
Click to expand...

O/R H pipe. I dont really worry about it either.
 

03_TrueBlue_GT

Active Member
May 5, 2010
810
41
29
Houston, Tx
Jan 30, 2012
#31
  • Jan 30, 2012
  • #31
Ya, I figured with my car as long as it keeps getting 18 mpg in the city and doesnt burn oil its good lol...
 

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
1,865
24
58
Feb 1, 2012
#32
  • Feb 1, 2012
  • #32
My car does the same as well. It's a small miss, nothing to worry about. Could be the sign of a coil getting tired but as long as it's not doing it under load or while you're just cruising it's more of an annoyance than anything.

I wonder why the idle was set at 650 with the BAMA tune though.. that is low. Would sound sick with cams, but there is zero point to have it idle that low.
 

midnightdriver

Active Member
Jan 3, 2010
443
2
27
Northern California
Feb 2, 2012
#33
  • Feb 2, 2012
  • #33
Just a little laugh,

The other day I got an email from AM to review my bama tunes since I was one of the early buyers of their "free custom tunes for life". Pretty funny or at least to me it was. Anyway the vmp tune has settled in (all sensors have completed their tests), I have to say i really enjoy the tune. Very dd-able and the car feels very quick but more confident, if that makes any sense.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
A/F ratio gauge install questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
88
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 24, 2026
squeak93
R
Microsquirt tune for stroked 351W in a foxbody
  • roldy
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
6
Views
245
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 11, 2026
roldy
R
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
284
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
P
2000 GT Random Power Loss
  • Pinellas50
  • Mar 9, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
376
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 23, 2026
Pinellas50
P
L
5.4 4v base ignition timing table help.
  • leoleo
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
1
Views
118
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 17, 2026
MustangBetts
M
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?