Time For New Tires (yes I Already Searched)

I only looked through our 94-95 threads, but haven't seen many new opinions on what tires people are using these days...it's been many years since I last put some on so I'm not sure what people are liking.

My car only gets driven in dry conditions, so I don't need all season tires and don't want to break the bank, but will spend for above average rubber. They will get abused after all...It's got 8" rims all around, 245/45/17 in front and 275/40/17 in back (with 1" spacers). I am thinking of staying the same, going to 265/45 in back or 255/40-45 all around.

I appreciate the advice in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they perform amazing. Only have 500 miles on them so far so no feedback on tire wear, but handling wise they are impressive. Was caught out in a huge downpour on the interstate last week and they handled the excess water on the highway like it was not there. Very impressed so far. The tire size I am running is 225/50/18 front and 275/40/18 rear. They are within 5 revolutions per mile in diameter front to rear.

Good alignment no burnouts or cookies in the parking lot will go a long way to improving tire life. Anyway I only put on 4-5K a year on the car, so if I get 3 plus years of service I will be happy. You tend to get what you pay for in grip level with tires. Cheap tires usually don't have much for grip. Even then, I was only out a grand for all four tires delivered to the door. (Thank you Tire Rack)I was able to mount and balance myself, so I did not have to worry about that expense.