Time to Upgrade Ignition?

93gtmustang

5 Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
I'm looking at what will be my next power mod without spending alot. My car is mainly a drag car, but street legal at the moment. I drive it to and from the track.
I'm running the stock ignition with my set-up below.
Should I upgrade to a MSD Ignition or is the stock ignition adequate?
Or maybe a chip and tune.
Or a more aggresive cam. Which one?
Thanks

1993 GT Mustang / Ford Racing GT-40 Crate Motor B-303 Cam / Stock Ignition / MSD EFI Blaster Coil / Edelbrock 5.0 Upper and Lower Intake with BBK Phelonic Spacer / Professional Products 70mm Throttle Body / C&L C.A.I. w/76mm MAF / Stock Air Box w/K&N Panel Filter / Holley Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator / Electric Fan / BBK Underdrive Pulley's / A.C. Removed / BBK Short Headers / Flowmaster Exhaust / Tremec T-5Z / B&M Short Throw Shifter / Alum. Driveshaft / 3.73 Gears / Eaton H.D. Posi / Moser 31 Spline Axles/ Subframe Connectors / Line Lock / Driveshaft Loop / B&M Short Throw Shifter / Racing Upper and Lower Control Arms / Lakewood Adjustable Drag Shocks/ Holley 190 lph Fuel Pump /

• Sponsors (?)

I'd rather not spray and I don't have the funds for a supercharger.
I didn't know if there would be any gains with the MSD Ignition, or just stick with the stock ignition and get a tune and or a more aggresive cam.

I agree - I didnt see anything jump out that suggested the need for a box. The stock TFI ignition is good for upwards of 400 N/A HP when parts are in good condition.

If you have not noticed a WOT/high RPM miss or other issues (and this would be upgrading for the sake of upgrading), I'd pocket the cash and use it for something else.

Good luck.