Time to upgrade my GT's brakes....Need advice.

Tripoli

Mar 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
OK, so aside from some crappy ceramic pads, my brake system is currently bone stock. I've got 85,000 miles on the car and it's time to give my car the brakes it deserves. (I might add that there appears to be a very, very slight leak in the system and I'm slowly losing brake fluid.)

I'm a fan of the Bullett brakes; however, I'd like to have the 13" rotors in the back to match the 13" rotors in the front. I've always had my eye on the slotted & cross-drilled Eradispeed rotors. I know having 13-inchers in the back isn't much of a performance gain over the regular Bullett/Corba rears, but I like the look. If possible, it'd also be nice if the rears had full-size calipers like the fronts.

I have no idea what kind of pads I should get. The car's my daily drive, so they need to be something that will last reasonably well, but I drive the hell outta my car, so they need to perform well, too.

I also need recommendations for brake lines. Obviously I want stainless lines. I tried to get a set once to replace my stock lines....Dallas Mustang ordered me a set of Steeda lines and they didn't fit (they fit the capilers, but not the other end).

Thanks in advance for all your help!

• Sponsors (?)

Check out musclemotors.com They have front and rear 13" kits. Can get plain, drilled, slotted, or drilled and slotted on front or rear. Black or red calipers, and braided steel lines. The front 13" kit with braided lines, is a big improvement over stock. And feals soooo much better!! :nice:

How the heck did your stock brakes last 85K miles? Mine started warping at 30K miles. Go with at least the cobra upgrade. I like my Baer track kit. Brembo is the next step up. Or you can go all out and get the Wilwood 6 pistons. If you got money burning in your pocket, get the Alcons.

Pitchar