Timing belt/chain

cronin49

Banned
Aug 12, 2003
SC
Hey guys, this is a atupid question, but I can't find anything in my owners manual. Most of the $15K in mods on my 03 Convertible where done professionally, I am not a gearhead. Do these cars have a timing belt/chain that needs to be serviced? I know most cars need it every 60,000 miles, but what about New Edge Mustangs, mine is a 2003. Thanks in advance, my friends.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, this is a atupid question, but I can't find anything in my owners manual. Most of the $15K in mods on my 03 Convertible where done professionally, I am not a gearhead. Do these cars have a timing belt/chain that needs to be serviced? I know most cars need it every 60,000 miles, but what about New Edge Mustangs, mine is a 2003. Thanks in advance, my friends.

No. It's one of those things that's nice to replace if you're in there. I installed cams earlier this year (1998 Mustang with 140K miles) and replaced all of the timing components because I had the engine torn apart. The factory chains, guides, and tensioners actually looked like they were in great shape and would have lasted another 10+ years. If it were me I wouldn't bother replacing them, unless you have some other reason for tearing off the front cover, cam covers, etc...