• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Timing issues/help

  • Thread starter Thread starter LS2 KLR
  • Start date Start date Nov 16, 2005

LS2 KLR

Member
Apr 16, 2003
452
0
17
Houston, TX
Nov 16, 2005
#1
  • Nov 16, 2005
  • #1
On my last shortblock at 10.5:1 compression I use to run 27-28 degrees of total timing. Now with my new shortblock I'm running 10:1 with one tune at 25 and the other at 20 total timing.

At 25 degrees of timing my car will ping once it gets up to temp, no matter how it is outside. Happens each and every time I try to get on it. I have to drive my car down on power at the tune for 20 degrees of timing and I feel as if I've wasted my money.

My na combo isn't anything too aggressive and I don't see why I'm having detonation issues. Any ideas???
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
98 gt fuel pressure issues
  • chasecollier1984
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
145
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
chasecollier1984
C
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
144
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
G
Need tuning help with 4100 Carburetor
  • Gary’s 67
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
200
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Aug 22, 2026
manicmechanic007
S
Timing chain, guides and tensioner installation (Possible orientation in Intake Stroke)
  • StallionMax
  • Sep 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
454
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 24, 2025
StallionMax
S
L
Help with 1986 GT 5 Speed Please
  • Lcasada1999
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
325
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?