Timing light and MSD ignition

• Sponsors (?)

Wires? I am using autolite # 96205, the other car that this timing light works with is carbed 4 cyl. and uses some noname thin wires. MSD tech said not all timing lights work with their ignitions, especially those with advance button. Has anyone seen this light working with MSD?

I have a MSD 6AL and MSD distributor and the first timing light I used was a really cheap unit from Harbor Freight and it worked well enough to get the car started. I later got a nice digital timing light to dial it in better, so if you have to upgrade your timing light it isn't a huge cost. You could also borrow one from a buddy.

I have the 6AL and the msd dist. I also have the craftsman timing light with the advance dial (mine is about ten years old, dont know how old yours is) . It works fine for me , never had an issue. It may be that your pickup is not getting the signal from your wires. Pull a wire from the 4 cyl and mount it as your number one on your car and try that. Other than that, I can't understand why it's not working other than its that model msd unit and that particular timing light as the tech said. Good luck.

BTW my light is model 21023