Tips for Timing after PI Head swap

Let me preface this by saying I have done some pretty extensive searching, and have read a couple different tips on how to do this. I just wanted to know how you guys successfully timed the engine after the swap. Right now the crank is set at TDC#!, and the heads are on the car, but I had to order new cam gears etc. because the new romeo heads didn't come with them. I appreciate any help, or links that helped you guys do this right the first time. I am not interested in damaging the engine after I spent all this money on it. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

What ever you do, take pictures. Take a picture of the driver's side after installing the chain. The picture should plainly show the cam dot, the two painted chain link and the mark on the crank sproket.

Take another picture of the passenger's side. Again, the picture needs to clearly show the dots and marked links lining up.

If the chains are folded in half and painted, and the painted marks line up with the dots, it's acutally hard to mistime the motor. The picture are proof that's done correctly.

What ever you do, take pictures. Take a picture of the driver's side after installing the chain. The picture should plainly show the cam dot, the two painted chain link and the mark on the crank sproket.

Take another picture of the passenger's side. Again, the picture needs to clearly show the dots and marked links lining up.

If the chains are folded in half and painted, and the painted marks line up with the dots, it's acutally hard to mistime the motor. The picture are proof that's done correctly.

Thanks wmburns. I took pictures before we pulled the heads off and marked the chains, but I just wanted to make sure that is the best way. I also purchased new chains because I figured "while I'm in there" it would be worth doing it all at once.