• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Tire ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ranger04
  • Start date Start date Apr 6, 2008
R

ranger04

New Member
Jul 28, 2007
245
0
0
Apr 6, 2008
#1
  • Apr 6, 2008
  • #1
What is the biggest rear tire I can run on my stock 18" rims? I have an 07 GT/CS. I want the biggest tire I can run back there without issue's. I know this gets ask alot, but I've never written it down and now I need to know for my self as spring is here and it's time to get busy. I have 4:30 gears, so I need some bigger meat back there.
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Apr 7, 2008
#2
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #2
The BFG g-force T/A KDWS comes in a 245/55-18 that is 28.5" tall and 9.9" wide and will fit on the stock rim no problem! It's not as wide as you can go(perhaps 255 or 265), but trying to find a taller than stock tire that wide is difficult.
 
R

ranger04

New Member
Jul 28, 2007
245
0
0
Apr 7, 2008
#3
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #3
Thanks for the imput!!!
 

69mach1-409

Member
Apr 21, 2004
81
0
16
South Jersey
Apr 7, 2008
#4
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #4
I know 285/40's will fit back there on an 18x9.5 rim, but they might be too wide for the stock rims.
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Apr 7, 2008
#5
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #5
69mach1-409 said:
I know 285/40's will fit back there on an 18x9.5 rim, but they might be too wide for the stock rims.
Click to expand...

I'd say the profile is too low to run them on a 8.5" wheel!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
375
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Hi from Western Washington
  • Bannister
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
159
The Welcome Wagon Aug 31, 2026
keel
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
243
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
203
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?