tired of Magnaflow; should i get Borla or Bassani?

• Sponsors (?)

Bassani has a couple of versions i think. which one should i get?

i thought borla was the one that rumbles and sounds mean.

I like the sound of the stock mufflers a lot also, just that it's wayyyyy toooo soft and i sold the damn thing. :(

My buddy has magnaflow and I have Borla. Borla has a strong mean tone to it at idle and a more aggressive tone at WOT. At the end of the summer I put on a magnaflow catted X pipe, that really improved the sound a lot. Im sure if you get add a magnaflow x pipe to your set-up it will improve a lot. I will try and get a sound clip up if someone will tell me how to or will host it.

later,

mike

03silverstang said:
My buddy has magnaflow and I have Borla. Borla has a strong mean tone to it at idle and a more aggressive tone at WOT. At the end of the summer I put on a magnaflow catted X pipe, that really improved the sound a lot. Im sure if you get add a magnaflow x pipe to your set-up it will improve a lot. I will try and get a sound clip up if someone will tell me how to or will host it.

later,

mike
the problem is the magnaflow mufflers, they just dont sound right on a 2v.

I love my Magnaflow catback, but I have it coupled with an O/R H. Since you have a catted midpipe I would not have gone with the Magnaflows and gone for the straight through Packs. A lot of people are bashing the Magnaflow catback, but most mention they heard it coupled with a catted midpipe, of course its not going to sound good, its not going to be that loud. With my O/R H, the Magnaflow is plenty loud, but also refined. Sounds great in the interior, no drone, and on the exterior it screams and sounds very throaty and deep throughout the RPM range. I also have LT's. I had the Magnapacks with the H and it sounded like ass, much better now with the traditional catback.

Get the bassani.
With an offroad-x the regular magnaflows would sound great, but it depends on what taste you have. Maybe what you need is flows with an offroad H. I had the original 40s didn't gave me any power, but they did sounded great, I heard one with an offroad H and it sounded amazing.

GT12207 said:
Bassani has a couple of versions i think. which one should i get?

i thought borla was the one that rumbles and sounds mean.

I like the sound of the stock mufflers a lot also, just that it's wayyyyy toooo soft and i sold the damn thing. :(

Bassani really only has 2 versions, but they are identical.
The Stainless Steel version (#46995S) and the BX non-stainless version (#BX46995S).

menasci said:
Bassani really only has 2 versions, but they are identical.
The Stainless Steel version (#46995S) and the BX non-stainless version (#BX46995S).
Yea i just installed my UPR o/r x-pipe and oh my baby jesus its beautiful. My old GT had 40 series Flows and a Bassani O/R X-Pipe and it louder inside, but now it SCREAMS. The best setup i've heard on a GT period.:D

I'll definitely get some clips up as soon as i can

Just this week I replaced the mufflers in my magnaflow catback. I had them coupled with an off road prochamber and it was just too quiet. Got some Pypes pro-v mufflers just to try them out. They rumble and sound great. All of the techs at the shop came outside to hear me pull away. They do drone a bit though.

P.S.-Go bassani over the stingers. Every car I've heard that has had bassani has sounded amazing.

Thanks again everybody! I made up my mind!

Going with the Bassani! ! !

oh god, i better like it because i ABSOLUTELY CANNOT afford to go with another setup. i'm taking a very hard hit in the wallet selling my 2-months old magnaflow catback for less than half of what i paid 2 months ago...

how loud is the bassani compared to regular magnaflows?
and the bassani sounds completely different than the magnaflows, right?

It all depends on what you want. If you want your car to sound loud, don't buy the regular magnaflow catback. I hear the magnapacks are much louder than the flows. Flowmaster 40's are pretty loud. The tone of the magnaflows are perfect for me. I'm looking to get a on road midpipe of some kind. I think I'm going to stick with a "H" pipe for that traditional muscle car sound. Pearl02.