To blow or not to blow that is the question?

Cali Cobra

Feb 2, 2004
I have a donor with a 04' cobra car is totaled motor is ckraked, blower looks like it is in good shape. My question is can I put the blower on my 99' Cobra I have the completer car (or what is left of it) do I have everything I need for the conversion. :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

Cali Cobra said:
I have a donor with a 04' cobra car is totaled motor is ckraked, blower looks like it is in good shape. My question is can I put the blower on my 99' Cobra I have the completer car (or what is left of it) do I have everything I need for the conversion. :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:
If you have the donor car, then yes you have 99% of all the parts you'll need to convert your car. Too bad the block on the '04 is cracked...otherwise I'd just transplant the whole drivetrain. Do you plan on rebuilding the 99 motor with components from the '04 or are you just looking at transplanting the Eaton an it's hardware to your 99?

U.M.

The plan is to get the pistons and fuel pump as much stuff as I can. I also wanted to port and polish the heads on the 04 and put them on mine. I wonder if my headers will fit they are FRPP headers what do you guys think. Do you guys think the transmission will be a problem I will keep my stock T-45 should I get a better one? :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:

Cali Cobra said:
The plan is to get the pistons and fuel pump as much stuff as I can. I also wanted to port and polish the heads on the 04 and put them on mine. I wonder if my headers will fit they are FRPP headers what do you guys think. Do you guys think the transmission will be a problem I will keep my stock T-45 should I get a better one? :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:

Forget the pistons, they are the weakest link in the reciprocating assembly of the 03/04 motor. You want the crank and rods for sure though because they are forged. Your header will fit, but the ports won't match exactly. I believe the 03/04 heads have a more rectangular shaped exhaust port compared to the previous 4v heads. The difference is minor at best though, the headers will still work fine. Take the T-56 from the wrecked '04... much better than the T-45!

U.M.