to forge or not to forge

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
guys need your help again i am stepping back for getting the supercharger maybe because its spring and i only have 3000 bucks and i am tired of saving

so i ordered the nitrous express kit

but what i want to know is will i be better off building a forged motor u know like ordering the pistons and then rods and then the crank

i was looking at vt shortblocks and they expensive (i am a poor man)

what would be the cheaps way or money saving way to build my motor for some real power (500-600 safe hp is what i want)

i mean is replacing the pistons and rods the only thing that needs to be changed to get that kind of power

ps what vt cams will work best with my nos car thxs guys :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

by the time you buy all the part and pay labor assemble and balance the engine, your probably better off just buying a complete forged shortblock like the one from VT Engines. make sure that whoever you buy your block from backs it up. i've heard a few horror stories about companies selling forged shortblocks that fail from bearings going bad or whatever, and they won't take responsibility for it.

stanggt00 said:
what would be the cheaps way or money saving way to build my motor for some real power (500-600 safe hp is what i want)
I'm with DBMSTNG (well, not with him bc he has a boyfriend already but you know what I mean :rlaugh: ) on this. Save enough money to buy a shortblock instead of trying to piece one together. Some people say get a forged crank, some say the stock one will hold. Do what your engine builder recommends and be realistic about your power goals. 500-600 hp ain't gonna be cheap my brotha.

Screwed2V said:
I'm with DBMSTNG (well, not with him bc he has a boyfriend already but you know what I mean :rlaugh: ) on this. Save enough money to buy a shortblock instead of trying to piece one together. Some people say get a forged crank, some say the stock one will hold. Do what your engine builder recommends and be realistic about your power goals. 500-600 hp ain't gonna be cheap my brotha.

i know you love me Kidd. :puke: