Tomorrow is the Day..

rude_life

Mar 30, 2005
Well it has been a long time coming but tomorrow morning at 8:00, project 3.73 begins. I have a set of FRPP 3.73 gears and a new Ford Trac Lock rebuild kit along with new rear end bearings. I am hoping everything goes smoothly and i hope nothing breaks in the process( ABS Sensor's).. I will keep you guys posted on the progress and how everything goes, wish me luck!!

Kris

• Sponsors (?)

rude_life said:
Well it has been a long time coming but tomorrow morning at 8:00, project 3.73 begins. I have a set of FRPP 3.73 gears and a new Ford Trac Lock rebuild kit along with new rear end bearings. I am hoping everything goes smoothly and i hope nothing breaks in the process( ABS Sensor's).. I will keep you guys posted on the progress and how everything goes, wish me luck!!

Kris
dissconnect the battery man.....then you wont have to worry about them......

mackey said:
It isn't the battery, it is when you hammer the axles back in, you crush the sensors.

Just take them out before you remove the axles, and put them back in when after the axles are installed.

Soak the ABS sensors in PB blaster or some other penetrating oil the night before, and 1 hour before you remove them. That should keep them from braking.
Scott

OK its 3:30am and i got done putting the gears in about an hour ago... .012" Backlash all the way around. Got it first try with a .040" Pinion shim..I only drove it a couple miles home but i noticed that in corners it was makin some funky sounds. But that had seemed to go away mostly by the time i was actually home. Hopefully, it all went well... I will know more tomorrow.

Kris

If you forgot to put in friction modifier it could make a little noise, but no worries. The ford tech that did my gears in my first mustang had me do some figure eights in a parking lot to break in the new stuff. It should go away, because you say it's in cornering, thats when the plates are slipping, and either you forgot friction modifier, or they're just breakiing in. Hopefully you didn't put one in backwards, if you did, you'll notice when you only have a one wheel peel.