mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
:flame:

CAM00631.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

For me yea, but I know from your corral.net posts that u run with a "flush" group and As it stands, your fox looks awesome. I just wouldn't drop mine that much. If that makes sense....

Yea I know what you're saying, as it is right now the rear is lower than the front which is a big big no no, so it will be going up at least until I can get the fenders rolled and the front a little lower.

From a static displace point of view...i like the look.

For practicality, it wouldn't fly with me due to the road conditions where i live. I actually installed Mach 1 springs in my Fox in order to "lift" it back up and provide a cozy, yet firm ride.

But i often wish i could flip a switch and drop the car a bit when parked...which it seems to do 99% of the time lately. (1500 miles in 9 years)

From a static displace point of view...i like the look.

For practicality, it wouldn't fly with me due to the road conditions where i live. I actually installed Mach 1 springs in my Fox in order to "lift" it back up and provide a cozy, yet firm ride.

But i often wish i could flip a switch and drop the car a bit when parked...which it seems to do 99% of the time lately. (1500 miles in 9 years)

haha yea I barely drive my car and I guess Florida roads arent HORRIBLE, there is a few pot holes here and there you try to avoid, some you just have to close your eyes and brace for impact but for how often I drive my car, comfort is not much of an issue and practicallity has been thrown far out the window. I will tell you with these coil overs, the ride quality is HORRIBLE, I feel every rock in the road, actually every pebble feels like a speed bump.

how did you like the install of those LCA brackets? I was thinking about getting them but i dont want to do coilovers so i dont know how practical it would be considering i would need a large spring spacer

I like the lowering myself.
What I don't like is the tires too narrow for the rims, and the "it barely fits" look you get from stretching them on.
Give me sidewalls even with the rim, or even a drawn in, anyday over the bowed out look.

how did you like the install of those LCA brackets? I was thinking about getting them but i dont want to do coilovers so i dont know how practical it would be considering i would need a large spring spacer

You dont need coilovers for it, its actually made to mount the shock in the stock location but higher or lower. And why would you need a spring spacer? Can I ask what you need the bracket for? This bracket is really overkill for my car, I am definitely not using it for what it is intended for. I am using it because when I lowered my coilovers all the way the shock would be fully compressed and have no travel, so, I needed to mount the bottom of the shock lower to give more travel.

The bracket mounts pretty easy, you need to cut away part of the old bracket, I used this with an angle grinder with a cut off wheel on it. Then you just slide it over and drill a couple holes and bolt it to the old bracket, there are 8 bolts total that mount it to the bracket. I was unable to drill the holes on the side because of their position I could not fit my drill in there so I am putting welds around the edges for extra support as I only have 4/8 bolts in. I got the bracket from racecraft, I am sure it's designed for high HP cars launching off the line off slicks, the bracket allows you to adjust the height of the shock and control arm, I guess giving you more adjust ability for the pinion angle or what not.

and I give credit to srtthis for showing me these brackets, I wasn't sure if they were going to work but man they worked perfect for what I needed. I thought I was going to have to do all kinds of custom things to get my car lower, this bracket saved my life.

I like the lowering myself.
What I don't like is the tires too narrow for the rims, and the "it barely fits" look you get from stretching them on.
Give me sidewalls even with the rim, or even a drawn in, anyday over the bowed out look.

Yea just the look I like I guess, they're 245's on a 10" wheel.

Good looking fox you have there, can't wait to see it all done.

Thanks man, I got everything buttoned up tonight, after I roll the fenders this weekend I will post some pics up of it done for you guys.

very nice! glad those brackets worked for you! but you may want to drop the control arm down a notch to try and keep that lower arm level.

You dont need coilovers for it, its actually made to mount the shock in the stock location but higher or lower. And why would you need a spring spacer? Can I ask what you need the bracket for? This bracket is really overkill for my car, I am definitely not using it for what it is intended for. I am using it because when I lowered my coilovers all the way the shock would be fully compressed and have no travel, so, I needed to mount the bottom of the shock lower to give more travel.

Well, my LCA is pointed down towards the body, you want them level or with a slight angle up from the rear to the body. Right now i have a 28x10 on the car and it sits right where i want it to, but the geometry isnt right. To correct the geometry i would go to one of the lower holes in the racecraft bracket, but since i have stock springs, it will need some kind of spacer to make the difference up.

also, as far as ride quality goes, what spring rate are you running?