Too low?

I like it, but it's just not practical IMO. I don't want to compromise any aspect of drivability for another inch lower in right height. Mine would be lower right now if my headers wouldn't get stuck on every speed bump I pass (and it was lower once, and this actually did happen...it was a nightmare).

Oh yea, I rub everything under there everywhere, I dont do speed bumps, just not an option, I've ripped of my mid pipe before, had to put it back on, and I always hear the tranny or something under there scrapping on inclines into parking lots or something.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yea, I rub everything under there everywhere, I dont do speed bumps, just not an option, I've ripped of my mid pipe before, had to put it back on, and I always here the tranny or something under there scrapping on inclines into parking lots or something.

I used to live in this really nice apartment complex, way back in the woods, and I lived way back at the end of the whole place. Management was really cool and let me work on my car there since I lived way in the back. Me and my buddy decided one day to cut my stock springs back when the coupe was all stock. We did this there at my apartment. When It was time to take it for a drive, the first speed bump coming out of the complex hung up my headers so hard I couldn't get over it. I had to park the car and order Eibach's and install them before I could get it back out of the lot.

It sure looked sweet though, even with 10 holes.
IM002047.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I used to live in this really nice apartment complex, way back in the woods, and I lived way back at the end of the whole place. Management was really cool and let me work on my car there since I lived way in the back. Me and my buddy decided one day to cut my stock springs back when the coupe was all stock. We did this there at my apartment. When It was time to take it for a drive, the first speed bump coming out of the complex hung up my headers so hard I couldn't get over it. I had to park the car and order Eibach's and install them before I could get it back out of the lot.

It sure looked sweet though, even with 10 holes.

HAHAHA thats funny, the good thing I like about my combo is I can adjust it all I want, I can bring it up higher than stock, or drop it down till the fender is literally sitting on the tire.

From a static displace point of view...i like the look.

For practicality, it wouldn't fly with me due to the road conditions where i live. I actually installed Mach 1 springs in my Fox in order to "lift" it back up and provide a cozy, yet firm ride.

But i often wish i could flip a switch and drop the car a bit when parked...which it seems to do 99% of the time lately. (1500 miles in 9 years)

The last line you said is why I am putting an air ride system on my car in the spring. I can set it at the ride height I like (fender right over the tire) and still have a comfortable ride, lift it up to get in and out of the drive way / parking, and set it down when parked if I ever enter the car in a show. You might be surprised at how affordable some of the kits are, but it looks like you have already invested a bit of dough in your coilovers.