Torque Loss

Jaystang73

Feb 26, 2017
Sorry i havent posted in a long while anywho my situation is this ,i rebuilt pretty much the entire engine qhich is a 5.0 ho and but i have no low end torque,cant break the tires loose at all,no burnouts no quick launch ,i did the injectors,tps,iac,throttle body,lower intake,,pcv ,now my question is could it be im in need of a new torque converter in my aod trans,?could it be my exhaust is too large? ,(2 1/2 front to back, im at a loss

• Sponsors (?)

Step 1.) Post ALL the engine mods and transmission information. The better description you provide, the better chance of you getting the correct information you need to resolve your problem.
If you used aftermarket parts, post the names and model numbers. You may have a mismatched combination which would contribute to your problem.

2.) Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

Last edited:
Is this a change from before? Had engine rebuilt and seems it lost power? Or were you expecting more power after rebuild?

What is total mod list of car? A typical stock AOD with 2.73s really is quite gutless off the line